The other week, I posted about unexpected news US Airways Mastercard. There was one outstanding question left about the card: I didn’t have complete details regarding the anniversary miles because they were keeping track of the conversations for customer service.
Today, I have 2 pieces of awesome news:
- They are matching the current public offer of 50,000 miles
- The caveat, which isn’t a big deal, is the $89 annual posted on my account, I need to pay for it, call them back and they’ll deposit the 10,000 miles into my account
- It is confirmed, the 10,000 anniversary miles are annual and not the first year
Now check this out, the graphic I have above was two weeks ago. When they launched the 50,000 mile offer you will see new benefits:
Coming in second quarter 2015, you’ll also enjoy these benefits:*
- $100 flight discount on your account anniversary each year with at least $30,000 in annual purchases
- 10% of your redeemed miles back (10,000 miles maximum per year)
Emphasis mine. Therefore, if you have 10,000 mile anniversary bonus you will ALSO get 10% of your miles redeemed. Isn’t that awesome? Hopefully, your interpretation is the same as mine.