Citizens Bank has released a credit card product called “Green$ense Platinum” which is a Mastercard. What makes this card very interesting is that instead of a percentage of your purchase becomes a reward, you earn cash back per transaction. You’d need to make 10 transactions first or that requirement is waived if you enroll in their “Value Plan” or “Combined Plan”
How do I earn Cash Back from my Green$ense Credit Card?
Cash back is earned monthly on credit card purchases, after you make 10 qualifying transactions with your Green$ense® Platinum MasterCard®1. If you have a Green$ense Credit Card and are enrolled in our Value Plan or Combined Plan, you do not need to make 10 qualifying transactions to start earning cash back.
How much cash back can I earn from my eligible Green$ense Credit Card transactions?
Earn 25¢ per purchase when you make 10 qualifying Green$ense Credit Card transactions that post to your account each month, up to $20 monthly and up to $240 per year.2
How will I receive my Green$ense Credit Card cash back reward?
The Citizens checking account that the cash back will be paid into is based on the following (in order of account chosen for payment)
- The Citizens checking account associated with a Value or Combined Plan
- The most recent Citizens checking account that was paid Green$ense cash
- The Citizens checking account that you are listed as the Primary Account Holder
- The checking account that you are listed as a Non-Primary Account Holder.
- If you have more than one account that falls into one of the criteria listed above, the account that will be paid will be the account with the most checking account transactions posted for that month.
You’re limited to $20 a month and up to $240 a year, but this could be an easy $240 a year if you know how to automate small credit transactions per month. Even if you don’t automate it, you could totally take a page out of my buddy MilesAbound book:
So since the beginning of November, I have been paying my water bill in $0.01 increments! Racking up 20 odd transactions a day.
The man is a genius!