For this year, 2014, I have the following goals:
- Spend $30,000 on my British Airways card for the companion pass and the 50,000 miles as part of the 100,000 mile sign up offer
- Max out quarterly categories efficiently to the Chase Freedom Visa and Mastercard, US Bank Cash+, and Discover
- Ensure none of my Visa Buxx cards are charged with an inactivity fee
- I have been snagged multiple times because I have a poor organization system
- Charge something monthly with my Lufthansa Miles and More card (affiliate link)
- Miles expire 36 months after acquiring, but if there is credit card activity every month miles have an infinite lifespan
- Find the best gift card arbitrage opportunities
What I can’t keep up with, but want to:
- Spend $24,000 on my US Bank Flexperks
- Although I just found out the $24,000 spend is the card member year and not calendar year
- Spend $30,000 on the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest again
- Spend at least $3,000/month on my Citi Forward at Barnes and Noble, because I’m not sure if I want all of the Thank You Points
- Spend $25,000 on my Chase United Explorer card for the bonus 10,000 miles while I am still a cardholder
I think the first point is going to be the most challenging because there has not been too many good gift card deals lately and the closure of Plastic Jungle + TCB makes gift card churning a little bit more expensive. I have been very lucky this month and last month finding Vanilla Reloads at CVS and that has helped a tiny bit.
What are your MS goals for this year?