I’ve learned over the years that goals are integral for me. They help me to push myself to always improve. I set some to challenge my abilities, and some are just fun. My crazy 2018 loyalty goal is one that covers the latter two categories. It will take ingenuity, but its a fun one to have.
My Crazy 2018 Loyalty Goal
I’ve long talked about Lifetime Status with any loyalty program. In fact I posed the Lifetime Hotel Status Conundrum last year when my friend Ed attained lifetime Hyatt Globalist status. Well, with all the changes happening to Marriott and SPG, I feel like I should push for lifetime status now before even more changes. Here’s where I stand at present:
Here is what you need with respect to points and elite qualifying nights to achieve various status levels.
You’ll see that based on my current status, I’m 99 nights 662,410 Marriott Points away from attaining Lifetime Platinum Elite.
My strategy toward Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite
I’m still forming my overall strategy, but the biggest challenge is those 662,410 Marriott Points. Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) are easy compared. So some options I’m looking at are:
- Sharing my referral link for the Personal Marriott Rewards Visa – you can get 75,000 points after $3,000 spend. Note this can earn up to 100,000 points if 5 folks choose to sign up (Thank You, if you do!)
- Leverage some of the new Marriott Credit Cards from AMEX or Chase.
- To be safe, given the Chase shutdowns, I’m going to focus more on the AMEX side, once those cards are released.
- Re-introduce my Marriott Business Visa into my Reselling Credit Card stack, But again, I want to be cautious not to increase spend too quickly.
- Leverage the various Marriott Megabonus promotions.
What am I missing?
I realize this is a crazy idea. Its irrational. I get that. But, I suspect it’ll be fun in the process of attempting to get their!
I’m sure that I’m missing some opportunities to generate Marriott Points. So, what am I missing?
6 thoughts on “My crazy 2018 loyalty goal”
have you paid for 651 nights at Marriott? Wow
Reward nights count… and 15 status nights per year with each credit card..
I just transferred 84k pts from my wife’s Marriott acct to mine and they tallied into my lifetime status tracker. You should be able to push 50k (typical annual limit) over from your wife’s acct if that helps.
@Jason – Thanks! So to be clear, only 50k of the 84k points from your wife’s account tallied into lifetime?
Look at it this way – you are only 262,410 away from LT Gold – which is what counts for Lounge access. Little difference when you reach Platinum. The LT Plat will eventually come – so just shot for LT Gold and wait.
@Randy – you make a valid point… but 262,410 doesn’t seem nearly as crazy a goal… but even that is enticing.