I’ve learned over the years that goals are integral for me. They help me to push myself to always improve. I set some to challenge my abilities, and some are just fun. My crazy 2018 loyalty goal is one that covers the latter two categories. It will take ingenuity, but its a fun one to have.
My Crazy 2018 Loyalty Goal
I’ve long talked about Lifetime Status with any loyalty program. In fact I posed the Lifetime Hotel Status Conundrum last year when my friend Ed attained lifetime Hyatt Globalist status. Well, with all the changes happening to Marriott and SPG, I feel like I should push for lifetime status now before even more changes. Here’s where I stand at present:
Here is what you need with respect to points and elite qualifying nights to achieve various status levels.
You’ll see that based on my current status, I’m 99 nights 662,410 Marriott Points away from attaining Lifetime Platinum Elite.
My strategy toward Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite
I’m still forming my overall strategy, but the biggest challenge is those 662,410 Marriott Points. Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) are easy compared. So some options I’m looking at are:
- Sharing my referral link for the Personal Marriott Rewards Visa – you can get 75,000 points after $3,000 spend. Note this can earn up to 100,000 points if 5 folks choose to sign up (Thank You, if you do!)
- Leverage some of the new Marriott Credit Cards from AMEX or Chase.
- To be safe, given the Chase shutdowns, I’m going to focus more on the AMEX side, once those cards are released.
- Re-introduce my Marriott Business Visa into my Reselling Credit Card stack, But again, I want to be cautious not to increase spend too quickly.
- Leverage the various Marriott Megabonus promotions.
What am I missing?
I realize this is a crazy idea. Its irrational. I get that. But, I suspect it’ll be fun in the process of attempting to get their!
I’m sure that I’m missing some opportunities to generate Marriott Points. So, what am I missing?