Reselling is a great way to generate points, miles, and meet minimum spend. Fulfillment by Amazon makes reselling much easier, because Amazon takes care of most of the heavy lifting. It’s also a great way to build a side business for additional money to pay for your travel, or other priorities.
I won’t go in depth here, but as with any business there are risks involved with reselling, such as taxes and the speed of conversion from buying, shipping and selling product to receiving the money from Amazon can span a month or more.
Posts to Get You Started
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Setting up an account: We’ll walk through what you need to do in order to set up an Amazon FBA Seller account.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Analyzing and adding a product:Once you’ve gone and set up your account you’ll want to understand how to analyze a product to see if it makes sense to sell and if you can sell it. Then we’ll go through adding the product to your account.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Shipping 101: Once you have a product to sell, you need to ship it, here are is the basic process of shipping into Amazon.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Shipping 201: For those of you who want to send in more than one item type, this one’s a good read.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Ungating Product Categories: Amazon restricts some categories, we’ll cover what those categories are, why it can be beneficial to get permission to sell in them, and how you can start the ungating process with Amazon.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Amazon Seller App: One of the easiest (and free) tools for reselling is the Amazon Seller App, you’ll want to have this on your phone.
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Amazon Seller App Part 2: Diving deeper in the functionality of the Amazon Seller App. Further updates can be found here, and here.
Getting into reselling can offer greater flexibility as you continue (I hope) to accrue miles for travel. That’s how I got into it. It is a business, which can have many positive effects, such as increased income, and more opportunities to put spend on points and miles earning credit cards. Always remember that you should keep purchases to only how much you think you can float, while waiting for the product to sell.