Greetings from Down Under! This week, and next week’s roundups may be a bit lighter than usual, as my wife and I are celebrating our anniversary on a round the world trip to Australia. Cheers!
The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Daniel on Friendly Skies reports the response he got from American Airlines regarding to a DoT complaint resulting from a cancelled “held” ticket, way back during that great deal for Beijing business class fares. There are some interesting nuggets in this one!
- Family Travel for Real Life (FT4RL):
Miles and Points:
- Frequent Miler is back at it again, leveraging a more scientific methodesque approach to the Sears Double Dip.
- Chasing the Points offers great advice about befriending your local banker.
- Matt has a great post talking about accounting for resellers… Its pretty common sense, if you ask me. If you want to join even more of a conversation, the Saverocity Forums has a thread on it as well.
- Angelina shares Mercari, another option for reselling. Even better, its commission free!
- REI announced this week that they will close for Black Friday. I always find these things interesting, I still think the bigger discussion is those stores that are open on Thanksgiving, but that’s just me.
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- Thoughts after an amazing Family Travel for Real Life #FT4RL
- Announcing the next Maryland Meetup!
- Things that stood out to me from #FT4RL
- British Airways takes away 4,500 Avios Award in North America – Not the end of the world
- I reflected on the Titans of the Airline Industry and how there aren’t really as many right now.
- Review: Cathay Pacific Singapore to Hong Kong – Business Class – A330
- All the ways to follow Tagging Miles – especially while we are on travel to Australia!