The Weekly Travel News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- A recap of FT4RL 6 — I cannot highlight enough, the importance of networking, you may not realize it, but it will completely change how you travel!
- GeekyPizza5! Join Us For The Next DC Frequent Traveler/Travel Meet-Up On May 30th. You know what I think of meet-ups!
- A post from The Gate that I had in my queue to read for quite some time – How to be happy. I find Richard Branson to be very insightful normally, so this was a worthwhile read.
- Delta and Aeromexico have inked a joint cooperation agreement; the value for consumers is dubious though.
- Do you use noise cancelling headphones? Do you notice any discomfort?
- A huge warning. Cancel, don’t change fully refundable itineraries with Southwest. Historically, Southwest has been very customer friendly with their policies, but moving to Amadeus, apparently has been a net loss for the customer.
- Jeff Zidell is leaving Hyatt! He has been the face of World of Hyatt, Gold Passport, and has really been about as great a face of a loyalty program as you can get. I think he even came up with the “But I’m a Diamond” video.
- Unaccompanied Flyer, who sounds awfully like a college student, had the chance to interview Doug Parker, CEO of American Airlines. I’m pretty impressed with American being cool enough to accept such a student and writer in. The first segment is cool.
- Interesting news in in loyalty programs. Air Canada, which had spun off Aeroplan, will be dumping the idea in 2020.
Miles, Points, Reselling:
- Frequent Miler reports that CVS has stopped selling paypal cash cards. This was an important tool for many manufactured spenders, although, to be honest, I never really utilized them.
- Another perspective on the American Express Business Platinum card and whether it’s a keeper. Especially meaningful considering American Express killed the 50% pay with points rebate.
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Program
- 3 times when it makes sense to buy miles
- Ebates Birthday Week – 15% cashback at tons of stores including Staples!
- Southwest’s Reservation System Upgrade