Last week, my buddy Oren shared his go to cards for reselling.
To recap, his cards were:
- Bank of America Travel Rewards
- Chase Ink
- Honorable mention: Citi AT&T
First off, I will admit, I don’t have a Citi AT&T card, which offers 3x points for online spend. This is a no brainer for folks doing Online Arbitrage, and I plan to get it soon.
- Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Business: at 1x per dollar spent, this isn’t terribly exciting, but you can get even more value when you transfer to partners like Alaska Air (and I do like my Emirates awards, which are only 100k Alaska Air miles)!
- Chase Ink Plus: this is a no brainer for office supply stores, with its 5x Ultimate Rewards earning.
- Alaska Air Business: More Alaska miles? Sure!
- Discover: only when I use the Discover Deals portal, or when there are great promote like that Apple Pay deal.
For the most part, you’ll notice that I am trying to use Business cards for my reselling business. That’s by design, but not a hard and fast rule. As I continue to grow the business, I’m finding that accounting takes up more of my time, and I’m willing to carve off particular cards for business spend, just to keep things more simple and be able to focus on the more enjoyable aspects of reselling.
What are your go to cards for reselling?