- Melinda on Inside Flyer reports that Google Flights now shows Online Travel Agency (OTA) pricing.
- Delta is using RFID tags rather than bar code tags for checked baggage. This way, they can increase efficiency/effectiveness of making sure bags get to where they need to go. It will be used at 344 Airports across Delta’s network.
- Lufthansa Flyer reports that Lufthansa will remove First Class service to a bunch of cities from Munich.
- From Spencer – Definitely a weekend read kind’ve article (or if its a quiet Friday, if such things still exist), but the concept of an Aerostate is interesting. Clearly UAE’s Dubai has truly done it. Interesting to see whether their neighbors are as successful.
- A Las Vegas Hotel review like no other, that you probably won’t find elsewhere.
- The end of an era – Delta drops hourly shuttle service between NY and DC.
- Angelina shares that US citizens can enroll in the German version of GlobalEntry – having spent a half hour in an immigration line last year, I’m signing up right away!
- Gary Leff reports that American Airlines has confirmed that their new business class seat on the A350 will be the Super Diamond from B/E Aerospace.
- Cranky Flyer reports that Delta is moving to price oneways at a higher premium than in the past. It begs the question of the future of throw-aways.
Miles and Points:
- Alaska gives us another no notice devaluation. I’m at a loss. UPDATE: Gary Leff reports this might be a mistake. Mark this, developing.
- Joe asks: Are you focusing on your travel goals? If not, he’s got some great tips. And a sad reality for us bloggers.
- Ed shares the latest free miles opportunity, this time from American AAdvantage… Better yet, you could also earn 350k. Its all in honor of the 35th anniversary of the AAdvantage Program.
- The rental car market is getting more competitive, and Twitter is the battleground!
- Delta moved the First 747-400 to their Museum on the outskirts of Atlanta’s airport. It was kind’ve a big deal.
- Ebates Birthday Bash next week – 15% off over 250 stores!
- Save the Date – Washington DC Travel Hacking 101 Dinner
- Thoughts on the 2016 Freddie Awards
- Could Singapore Airlines and Air France become Partners?
- PSA: Add a product to inventory before buying – Reselling
- Inventory Lab Adds Ability for a Second Sub-Account
- A great 7% CD offer, and the opportunity cost when reselling