The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Great Flights (some left, some not, and they do exist)
- This was a fantastic week of flight deals. For example, there was $400-700 from Washington DC and others to Europe; and New York and others to India from $200.
- Oh, and if you are curious where most of the flight deals come from, here’s an interview with The Flight Deal team.
- For Southwest Airline fans – a major provision of the Wright Amendment has passed, as Seth of Wandering Aramean provides some of the story, but, fair warning, it is a bittersweet story. I’ll give you the brief bit – Love Field is still limited to 20 gates, so in effect, this effect makes Southwest a powerhouse there with 16 of those gates. As Seth posted last month, there is no Love for Delta, or is there?
- BigHabitat poses the question – is earning 7,500 AAdvantage miles worth the time it takes to test drive a Cadillac? I think so (but, hey, I also wouldn’t mind test driving a Caddy for kicks).
- Maximizing Money alerts us to a limited duration promotion where AMEX Blue Cash cardholders can get an extra 2% at Whole Foods. I’ve never been in a Whole Foods before, but I see myself visiting there a whole lot now.