This was kind’ve a crazy week in any different ways, so unfortunately, the weekly’s a bit light. That said, there have been a bunch of interesting developments from the past week.
- One Mile at a Time reports that Emirates is re-allocating A380’s. Texas loses big, but Dulles finally gets an A380. Being that I’m less than 2 hours from Washington-Dulles (depending on traffic, of course), and I truly enjoy flying Emirates’ A380 in First, this is awesome. But I’m not seeing any award availability yet. TBD, but this could be a net loss when it comes to award space.
Miles and Points
- It was big news last week (after the posting of the weekly), AMEX sent out tons of e-mails, effectively killing bluebird and serve for manufactured spenders. Many are mourning the loss of a very good and easy manufactured spending liquidation tool.
- Of course, Dr. of Credit shared this on twitter, which makes one question the cited clause for closing Serves down.
- PF Digest shares the winners and losers of what is now to be termed as Blue Friday.
- Frequent Miler shares the biggest thing for Marriott points since 7-night travel packages… 5-night travel packages!
This was a big week in Reselling. Here’s all the references.
- Miles per Day asks the question: Is this the year of reselling? Be sure to read the whole post.
- Oren reminds us, Reselling has risks, and so despite the fact that we want miles and points, we should focus on the profit aspect too, otherwise, we could be paying quite a bit for those miles and points!
Oren’s been busy this week – here he offers tips for figuring out which items sold today on Amazon.