The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Stuck Up Here, With Delta On My Mind
- Seat 31B shares how you can get full credit for miles flown on Delta Airlines. If you still fly Delta, you might just be OK.
- Oh yeah: Giddy For Points also points out Delta now promises to have your bag to you in 20 minutes or less. Because that worked so well for the delivery pizza industry.
- Meanwhile, Delta CEO Richard Anderson is still (sort-of) apologizing for saying rude things. All while the Arab carriers are breaking down his arguments.
What’s the Deal?
- Part of the miles game is trying new things. Frugal Hack reports his findings from testing out the Oink card. We’ll leave the “lipstick on a pig” jokes out.
- Carolina Travel Girl points out an interesting life hack. Military members on deployment can actually freeze their Starbucks account to keep their gold status. And who says coffee can’t be customer friendly?
- Analytics are interesting regardless of your industry. Wandering Aramean shares the insight from the Loyalty 2015 conference in Istanbul, Turkey, from a presentation by MasterCard Advisors. I doesn’t surprise us that these things are so linked (such as spending for business class tickets and buying luxury clothing), but its always cool to learn more about the background workings.
Putting the “Geek” in #AvGeek…
- File this under – developing industry news (no, not the Middle East carriers), Nigeria once again wants to get themselves a national airline. Here’s hoping its successful this time. So far the short list looks to be South African Airways, Ethiopian, and Lufthansa. Its interesting Etihad isn’t in the mix given their past investments.
- Lucky shares the 8 best airport lounges for complimentary spa treatments. Trevor’s only experienced 5 of the 8 (missing out on Qantas’ Sydney Lounge, Virgin Atlantic’s club in JFK, and Air France) — of course his experience was a bit different with Emirates — having a legitimate shirt off massage rather than a chair massage. Meanwhile, Joe is far too masculine to partake in any of that sort of…pageantry.
- Airways News provides an analysis on how much of a game changer the Boeing 787 is. Just take a look at the list at the bottom to see how many new routes, the 787 has been part of.
- Finally: as Cowboy Troy reminds us to never play chicken with the train, we at TaggingMiles remind you to never play chicken with the airplane. Bad things happen.
Some Friendly Reminders From Your Friends at TaggingMiles
- If you haven’t made your plans to attend FTRL2 yet…it’s not too late! There’s rumors flying around that Trevor and As The (other) Joe Flies will make an appearance – and (the other) Joe might even ride the Fung Wah bus to get there!
- Also, if you haven’t subscribed to the Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast…it’s not too late!