The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- An infographic ranking the best First Class, and First Class lounge. Not a ton of surprise here, at least from my perspective, although I’m taking Air France’s First Class Lounge rank on faith (and trip reports). I happen to disagree with Lufthansa being ranked behind Cathay Pacific – I just didn’t feel anything was particularly special about CX, as compared to Lufhty’s First Class Terminal.
- Oren reminds us of a benefit of the American Express Platinum card.
- Richard Quest writes about his around the world in 8 days on Low Cost Carriers.
Miles and Points:
- Milecards has a great overview on using Air France Fying Blue Miles.
- Frequent Miler shares some pie in the sky thoughts on how to leverage the Marriott/SPG and Alaska/Virgin America mergers.
- Qantas now offers a “Parental Pause” for Frequent Flyers. It’s a smart thing, but I’m not sure many other airlines offer it.
- Gary reports that American has improved award routing rules. First it was allowing routing from North America to Africa via the Middle East, now its routing from North America to India, via Hong Kong. I call it a net win!
- Freequent Flyer shares some common pitfalls, the long term mile and point enthusiast can fall into.
- Blogs seem to be getting more mainstream, as they’re being quoted more often. This time, it’s about Chase’s 5 inquires in 24 months rule. Of course, my post on the matter didn’t make the cut.
- The Aircraft Interiors Expo was last week, Seth Miller, writing for Airways News, shares some of the innovations that may be coming to a plane in your future.
- Oren shares his mantras. One of them: Go Big or Go Home.
Tagging Miles Posts:
- Reselling via AZ Flips
- More Efficient Sourcing for Resale with ASINSpector
- Review: Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport and Premier Lounge
- Is Alaska the first in a new string of devaluations?
Don’t forget, you can always submit questions via Ask Tagging Miles