Introduce yourself here!

Scott Dubois

Level 2 Member
Hi all. I'm Scott from New Bedford, MA. I attack the game from both a points/miles standpoint as well as cash back.

Always on the hunt for the next great trick and I look forward to both sharing and learning with you guys.

Rich

Rent this space
Hey, I'm Rich from Ohio. I've been MSing for a couple of years, but I'm definitely not an expert at it! My next trip will be taking my mom to Austria in September. I look forward to interacting with everyone.

PS: Whoever can guess the location in my avatar (must be more specific than just the country) will get 12 trillion points

Hardeep Rekhi

Level 2 Member
Hi all,

I am Hardeep in sometimes sunny Seattle. I am new to the game, been about year. My goal is to travel more, and specifically to travel to India with class.

Take care

bayguy

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am bayguy and live in East Bay Area in CA. Been doing MS for 3+ years now and have family trips to Europe, India and Australia(next month) to show as fruits of my work. Started going stronger for past 18 months and do all the good stuff like Amex GC, VB, BB, Go bank, WF etc. I am expecting to connect with experts by getting an invite to Level2.

Lindyhopper

Level 2 Member
Washington, DC area consultant, long time member of FlyerTalk and MilePoint. Have more miles than I can get time off, but hoping to change that next year. But still interested in MS techniques.

konorth

Level 2 Member
Hello all, I joined this forum as I have followed Matt for quite some time and like how he thinks outside the box. I'm an HR professional from northern Mi and have to work hard to manage connecting flights to anywhere, so have been using MS for quite some time.I've been to several DOs, FTU's and CLT, mostly for the networking and the opportunity to meet ppl I've forged connections with via pm on FT, twitter and the like. I am @konorth on twitter. I travel a lot,mostly international(more bang for the buck and more miles to count for status, ( sic I know!) , mostly long weekends, seeing the world as frugally as possible. Hope to both share and continue to grow.

David G

Level 2 Member
Hi all! David here. I live in the DFW area, but am from NYC originally. Been doing the points/miles game for a number of years now, but my expertise pales in comparison to others, so always looking to learn more.

ken e.

Level 2 Member
Let's get things rolling with introductions! I started this thread for people to say hi, and share a little about themselves.

I am Matt, I set up this forum as a place to discuss Travel and Financial ideas. I am originally from the UK and currently live in New York, look forward to seeing you around!
Let's get things rolling with introductions! I started this thread
Let's get things rolling with introductions! I started this thread for people to say hi, and share a little about themselves.

I am Matt, I set up this forum as a place to discuss Travel and Financial ideas. I am originally from the UK and currently live in New York, look forward to seeing you around!

Hi matt. Like you im originally from the uk. Have spent last 30 years travelling the globe with a truly global family. Now living in houston.
Ivealways been a keen frequent flyer, and lsst year took my hobby to new heights after Chicago seminsrs. Its May 24 and am on vacation in asia biz class all the way and luxury spg properties - cost of trip~$0 resulting from mileage runs and devouted msing. Im looking forward to learning and sharing in the forum.

Sang Kancil Guru

Travelling the world in search of fruits
Greetings, I am Sang Kancil. My nom de guerre is originally from the town of Malacca, and I am myself from KL. I've been in SF for years and always interested to further refine my knowledge at the art of travel "molding".

ablazinob

Level 2 Member
Ablazinob from PA. An avid travel hacker. I would be interested in the second level please send me some more info. I have some great ideas and methods already.

JeffA

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Jeff from Pennsylvania. Enjoy traveling, mostly domestically. Spent more time in drug stores, Wal-mart, and Sears in the past year than I have in the rest of my life combined. Would love to have second level access to the MS forum.

Thomas

Level 2 Member
Greetz all -

I'm Thomas, a US based road warrior. I've been fascinated by arbitrage opps for many years and am excited to get to know you all. Let the games begin :)

dzcinci

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone! I am Cincinnati based and have started manufacturing spend/miles collection for about a year now. I am pretty familiar with the basics but would like to participate and contribute in the second level.

Srinivas G

Level 2 Member
I am Srinvas. I love travel hacking and am mid level ms learner. Eager to learn and use the MS in a responsible way. I am big fan of Matt's financial articles/advice and BigHabitat resale ideas.

Bigmahalo

Aloha, HNL for the past 20+years.
Long time ft lurker. After reading about the DO felt I really missed a special event.
Played at some ms but after some reading here realize I want to learn the thinking not the led by the hand.
I learn best by doing.
I must say i think there is magic in the ms sphere.
If you'll have me I'd appreciate level 2

flyingcturtle

Level 2 Member
I'm Robert from NC. Started playing the CC/MS game about 2 years ago. Really wish I knew about this several years sooner. Even if I stopped today, not going too, the places I have seen and going to see would not be possible without all the knowledge passed on from more experience members of the hobby, Thanks.

Miles to the Wild

Level 2 Member
G'day, I'm Tara - the birdbrained blogger and owner of Miles to the Wild. You probably won't know my blog unless you are into birding & eco-tourism as I have a very small niche. You may know me from commenting at TBB and no, I am not an "angry" bird! :)

I'm a dual citizen Aussie/USA but live in BNE where MSing is pretty much non-existant. We do have category bonuses. I hope some other Aussies are around, maybe we can figure out more ways to MS here!

lad

Level 2 Member
lad from Chicago. Anybody else?
Been doing MS for a little more than a year. Similar travel goals as everybody else.

jdvmd

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone, I'm Linda from Kentucky aka jdvmd. Love, love, love travel and points! Been to all 50 states and 74 countries but trying to get to 100 in the next two years.

elweb

Level 2 Member
Greetings! My home airport is MEX. I was heavy into MS years ago prior to moving south of the border (ahhhh the days of the mint!). I am now restarting my passion and hobby since I am now making regular trips back to the States.

I'm excited about the positive tone of this forum and look forward to sharing tips and tricks.

JohnnieD

Level 2 Member
Hello to all! My home airport is BUF (sometimes YYZ with its better award seats). I've been in the points/miles hobby for almost 10 yrs. Do quite a bit of ms but its nothing compared to MM. I learned in CLT that I need to work harder at ms'ing. BTW, another thanks to Matt for putting together the CLT meeting!

ed1chandler

Level 2 Member
Greetings, all. I live at BMI and I've been churning and MSing for several years now. I enjoy the "hunt" for opportunities as much as I do capitalizing on them. (I'm at SAT now looking for MS opportunities while on business.)

Hey Matt, hook me up w/ the level 2 info, please.

John

Level 2 Member
Hey Everyone, John (jptravels4fun) here from NYC. Matt thanks for setting this up. Do as much traveling as I can for free or otherwise. Would enjoy meeting more people into the game especially in NYC/Brooklyn area.

Danzilla3000

Level 2 Member
Hello all! I'm Dan (or Danzilla3000) from just outside of Los Angeles. As a non-traveler, I got hooked in 2010 when I won a trip for my family by opening a box of Cheerios. I was completely unaware of traveling on points up until this year, and so I'm in the "shut up and learn" phase of my travel and MS education. Saverocity has become one of my main sources of education, and I'm looking forward to learning more and (virtually) meeting many brilliant people.

smittytabb

Staff member
Hey to all! I'm Linda aka smittytabb and I live in Illinois and I spend a lot of time transiting Chicago. I am a lifelong travel addict and wanderer. I backpacked around the world for 9 months when I was 21. Love MS, points & miles, and deals. I have been to over 80 countries on 6 continents and I am working on Travelers' Century Club.

Last edited:

Stuck in KC

Level 2 Member
Hi! I am Trudy, also Stuck in KC. I have been lightly involved since the mint days and much more heavily involved the last two years. Work travel is one trip a year, otherwise all leisure. Two teens, who hate anything x cruises. Have seven weeks vacation per year but all is scheduled a year out so not much last minute capability. Interested in manufactured spend at present and always looking for a good deal. Thanks.

Millennium Flyer

Level 2 Member
Hello! I'm based in the NYC area and have been interested in manufactured spend since the US Mint days. I don't travel anymore as much as I'd like, but plan to get back on the road soon. Aside from manufactured spend, I'm also intrigued by the world of personal finance.

I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

Traveller57

Level 2 Member
Hello from GJT area! I am a 57 year old female who loves to travel, but find my body physically cannot endure economy anymore. Need more thoughts on MS, especially w/my new Chase Ink Bold.

T.L.M. Hax

Level 2 Member
Hey! Im based in Chicago and have been involved with miles/points/cash back for a few years now. Started traveling internationally 3 years ago, and have since become addicted taken two trips a year minimum. Hope to continue learning and sharing for years to come.

I'd like to know more about the second level.

flyingblue

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. ORD , OSL, and TLV are my home. I am a pilot and was an airline Captain for a major, i am quite experienced in the miles and points world, have been at it since 2001, I am glad to join the forum as your blog is always on my must read list, and this will be a great opportunity to share and learn with other members. Thank you.

Tom (@A6BN)

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt, enjoyed meeting you and the others in Charlotte. Looking to follow along here as well. I'm outside Philly, MS for about a year.

Tom