Introduce yourself here!

HTaufReisen

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am HTaufReisen which stands for "I am travelling right now". Located on the East Coast, so I visit JFK or BOS a lot. I burn my point collection with luxury travelling, so MS is of highest order. Some people believe I work at Staples and/or WM but recently my postman is wondering about all these yellow letters LOL

@Matt pls tell me more about Level 2.

What The Heck?

Master Blaster
Hi I am Kumar, live at Cary, NC and currently work near Detroit, Michigan. I just got in to mile collection hobby during February 2014 and have learned some tricks after extensive research and have also finally arrived at my favorite list of blogs and bloggers - Saverocity being one of them. Happy to be part of this forum and looking forward to learn something and contribute wherever i can. Forgive me if i get angy at some general happenings around, at times. I never ever want to get personal though.

Jamie

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Jamie. Also go by fcgoal on some of the other fora, but I prefer my regular name. And I guess I joined early enough to get it!
My home airports are ord/mdw. I consider myself advanced beginner. Or maybe intermediate. I ms and resell around taking care of the kids/house/finances. Our youngest will be in school full time next year so I will be expanding what I do in this game when I've got more time and head space.
My husband is English and my kids were both born over there. So, the most important thing we do with miles/points is go back over there to visit family. But we enjoy traveling to other places as much as we can given the amount of annual leave my husband gets here.

megan

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'm Megan. I'm a thrifty gal who loves to travel (I'm writing this in the lobby of the Westin Grand Central, where I'm staying for free tonight :)). I'm not necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm really trying to learn more about MS. I live in Atlanta so I'm also trying to learn more about travel from ATL. Seems to be a dearth of ATL ideas from everything I read. I certainly hope to get to the next DO (I was traveling last time - natch).

gasman

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone! I'm Derrick and based in RDU. I'm a big fan of Saverocity's philosophy to investing, saving, and being a good steward in MS. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can and sharing what I know in a responsible way to facilitate the continuation of all things points and cash back! Matt, how can I get to layer 2?

Jfrilot

I'm Jeff, live in Houston and I've been doing the travel thing for almost two years mainly signing up for credit cards. I've stopped signing up for credit cards because I was looking at purchasing at home this year not sure now with the current market. I would be interested in meeting up with like minded people in the Houston area.

MrMcBean

Level 2 Member
I'm McBean and my hobbies over the past few years include CC & Bank account bonuses, MS and retail arbitrage. I'm based near SMF.
I would like to learn more about the second level.

Bryan

Level 2 Member
I'm Bryan and I'm in the Phoenix area. I've been in the game for 4+ years now. Started out chasing points/miles but I've piled up more than I have time to use even with a number of great trips with my wife the past few years. I've moved more towards MS for cash back the past 6 months or so and always looking for more ways to work that part of things.

Anyone in the PHX area that would like to meet up and share some ideas?

Chris H

Level 2 Member
Hi everybody. I'm Chris, originally from BOS but TUL based temporarily. Looking forward to checking out a new friendly forum.

oso

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'm near LAX but have family all over. MS and resell helps me visit them somewhat inexpensively. Looking forward to this. Cheers!

Gene Gibbs

Level 2 Member
Hey, Matt! Thanks fort starting this! I'm Gene, and I am based in SFO and ATL. I have flown over 3 million miles over the past 10 years and have top status with DL, UA and US. I got heavily into manufactured spending about 2 years ago and am always looking for ways to grow that spending. This board should be very helpful in that regard.

janeydeew

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt,
I have been reading your blog and enjoy it very much. My goal is to save more, every day, and to be responsible with our family's hard earned $$$s. My immediate goal is to build up my husband's elite status with airlines: he travels for work extensively, but his employer requires bare bones expenditures for travel. He comes home dog tired (which is SO NOT GOOD for him and the rest of our family - crabby daddy is no fun). When he attained Platinum status with Delta last year, he came home much happier..... so this year, I'm going to get him Diamond via MS etc. I would love to learn more about your second level, please. I have a few techniques of my own that I have not seen elsewhere (which may or may not be used by others) and would be happy to share in a secure forum. Cheers!

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone! I'm Chris from the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area. I've been a fan of Saverocity for both personal finance and MS.

wildflower5

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm wildflower5. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.
Matt, would you give me access to the MS forum. Thanks!

Naina

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Naina. based out of Boston, but my family is in India, so my number 1 interest is getting myself and the husband to India and getting my parents over here, but I'm also a total travel junkie. I'd love to have access to the MS forum, I have a few tactics, but am trying to learn more. Excited to get to know everyone!

Sjr004

Level 2 Member
Hi all, I'm Sam. Live in Tulsa, OK & currently commute weekly to East TX via my private AA flight into GGG airport (at least it seems that way based on the # of flyers on my route).
I'm probably an intermediate- high mile grabber. Started at the end of the coin run thru the mint, have been doing the cc churns, and the C V S - ice cream method.

mansa

Level 2 Member
Hi, Live in NNJ and work in midtown NYC; passively pursuing the MS tool of VR through see vee ess....now no more.
Would like to advance to a higher level.

Bob D

Level 2 Member
Hi, Bob D form Ohio looking for cheaper ways of MS. I like reading the blog and would enjoy the next level. I've been playing the game for about a year now. still a lot to learn

Maggie

Level 2 Member
Hi all, another NYC-er here. I'm fairly new to all this (~6 months) and am excited to move from blog lurker to participant in this new space!

Dhatt

Level 2 Member
I'm Dustin from Alabama. Started in the game at the end run of dollar coins and looking to continue to ms enough for a few trips a year plus cash back. Saverocity has been an awesome addition to the woeful content now on most of the travel blogs. Thanks Matt!

Scott Chambers

Level 2 Member
I'm Scott from Texas. Have been involved in MS and the points game for two years now. Very active in MS and use it to produce a second income for my family.

MattyMattMatt

Level 2 Member
Matt from the Baltimore area. Like to travel internationally as much as possible. Been doing the miles/points thing for about 3 years pretty hardcore, but was always dabbling for the last 5-10 years. Have a pretty good knowledge of MS and do a decent amount each month through various means. Looking forward to the conversation...

uwdanman

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Dan from Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm pretty new to this game. Have held 1 main credit card (Chase Freedom) for the past 10 years. I've always cashed out rewards in the past but have realized that there is a much better way to use the points I earn. I recently booked my first trip on points, saving over half of what I would have paid out of pocket and am hooked. I'm looking to find ways to earn more points, dabble in MS, and start crossing off some of the places I'd like to visit!

SC Parent

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm near SJC and got started in 2011, just before Amex stopped letting you "bump the bonus" on the PRG. While I'd love to focus on international travel, due to babysitting restrictions and having just moved to the expensive Bay Area from the almost as expensive Seattle area, I'm most interested in maximizing cash back with side adventures on earning miles/points. It bothers me when people get $20k in MOs each day (as I saw last week) - my philosophy is "everything in moderation keeps the music playing." I also love hacks like HHonors Gold for Visa Infinite card numbers. I also have a spouse who isn't interested/supportive of MS or miles & points, so it's an interesting balancing act with this hobby.

pdxtraveltips

Level 2 Member
Scott, I am from Portland, Oregon. I have a day job that keeps me busy, I write a blog for fun. It is not about mile and points, but about Portland. I am a foodie and beer lover. I would say I am a connoisseur but that would be a lie since I will eat and drink anything. Peace.

RoamingOnPoints

Level 2 Member
Just want to add my quick introduction -- I'm Richard, theoretically from New York City, although I've been on a travel sabbatical for the last several months. Currently in South America. Been doing the points and miles game for a long time, but as a New Yorker have fairly limited practical experience with the MS world. Looking forward to seeing how this forum develops.

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
Hi like my name, I'm into cash deals. I've been doing this for a while on the East Coast and looking for some experienced people to converse with and take my game up a notch.

Bret Bourgeois

Level 2 Member
My name is Bret and I live in the Asheville, NC area. I attended the DO in CLT a couple weeks ago and enjoyed meeting several of you. I enjoy and respect Saverocity.

skibum3d

Level 2 Member
I'm Matt (too). I've been doing MS for about 2 years, and been in the frequent flyer space for about 3 and a half. I'd like a more private place to discuss opportunities and I'm interested in second level. Thanks!

solohogo

Level 2 Member
Hello,

I'm from Bay area, initially started reading MMS & PointsGuy, then when was searching for more info on Fidelity card analysis, found Saverocity. Since then I became a regular reader.

Last Sept started this game and so far liking it.

Really appreciate the access to second level.

Thanks

Lotta Travel

Level 2 Member
Howdy, I'm Jennifer and I live in Los Angeles. I'm very interested in sharing information about what works and doesn't with fellow MSers.