Introduce yourself here!

mario

Level 2 Member
Mario here, reporting from northern California. I think a forum specific to manufacture spending is exactly what this community needs. There are a couple of good places to share info, but for anything really good, email used to be the only safe place. I hope that the (level 2) section takes off. I also hope that I am soon granted access from the "Powers that be". Thanks Matt for laying the ground work.

Richard

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I'm Rick from MI. I've been doing this travel game since the 90s and have learned a few things over the years. I travel a lot for work (200+ nights a year) and like to share and learn new things.

Looking forward to the super-secret squirrel sharing. ;-)

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Hello, I am guera, and I am pleased that you are starting this forum, and I am avidly awaiting permission to enter the inner sanctum of the Elite Level Two.

I have been flying nonrev (standby) on Delta for many years now, but sometimes it is nice to know that you are actually going to get on the plane. Therefore I started collecting miles and points in 2010. I got into MS back when Chase was offering the fee-free gift cards and have been ramping up ever since.

I prefer conservative and under-the-radar strategies. I recognize many of the posters here from comments on other blogs (and this one) and look forward to networking with all of you here!

Pointsgirl

Level 2 Member
Hello, I live in Long Island, NY and been following flyertalk for years but am still a newbie and trying to learn MS. I also look forward to learning and sharing and would like access to Level Two.

John Von Fange

Level 2 Member
Greetings! I'm John, living the dream in Colorado! Intermediate level now after a few years of study and practice.
Been travelling many years and still love it! Looking forward to more details on MS and great trips!

Jill

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone! I am Jill in MSP. New to this hobby and enjoying the learning process. I would be interested in the second level and the MS topic.

franklinmint

Level 2 Member
Frank here from East Coast. Been into the miles game for a few years now, recently got into the MS game and love it. Would like to be a part of that forum. Requesting level 2 access. Thanks.

FunnyGirl

Level 2 Member
Hi everybody, I'm also in North Jersey, but originally from South Jersey/Philly. Looking forward to camaraderie and interesting discussions!

Corridor!

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Jeremy and I live in the west burbs of Chicago. I look forward to discussing anything travel! I am eager to help anyone and learn from anyone.

I would also like info on level 2 and joining the MS discussion.

TIA

ebayshopgirl

Level 2 Member
I've been into miles and points for a long time. I love a deal, and going on vacation for free is even better. I teach full-time, and am a mom to three energetic kids. They frequently tag along on MS runs. I'm a native Michigander. My husband doesn't play the game and shiny plastic doesn't make him smile. He thinks I'm crazy, but he did enjoy flying over driving on our last vacation!

sestola

Level 2 Member
Hi,
I am Karen, living in Las Vegas and Door County, Wi. My current focus is on manufactured spend and planning the next great trip with the rewards. Would love to meet any locals in either location.

Vivek

Level 2 Member
I am Vivek, living in NJ willing to learn new things and try them out. Recently discovered this and am overwhelmed with the information and discussion going around. My current focus is to get my family together on vacations using these techniques and help out others if I can. I would love to meet locals who are part of this community and share my thoughts as well as learn from others.

Lets Learn together!

agent0068

Level 2 Member
I'm Mike. Been doing this for ~2 years or so and loving it. Travelled a lot more in that short span than I have in the many years prior and having fun every step of the way

Andy L

Hi, I'm Andy. I live in FL and started in this game about a year or so ago. It's a lot of fun and helps my FL family visit my CA family. I've been slacking recently on keeping up to date on the latest deals and trends, so I hope Matt helps me catch up!!

Fortension

Level 2 Member
Hi all from Ohio. I've got two young kids and in-laws in Asia, so I was inspired to find ways of keeping travel costs down. I just started a few weeks ago after a lot of reading. I would love to look at the second level and see what else I can learn. BigHabitat's blog brought me here - I was very impressed with it.

Last edited:

hyphenmeister

Level 2 Member
Hey there, I'm Shari. Had a great time meeting lots of awesome people at the Charlotte DO, and excited to dig into the forum! Matt, I'm interested in the second level too!!

priceassassins

Level 2 Member
Hello every, my name is Jim, I live in Southern Ohio, and have only been in the MSing game for 4 years. I got hooked with a deal that I made almost 18k in a three week period from a local GC deal. I used to use SD, FT, and FW forums but the quality of information has seriously degraded, with mainly criticism floating around instead of helpfulness. I look forward to sharing and learning from each of you, and love the idea of indexing the forum. I've mainly focused on CB, but would love to delve into points and miles.

Matt thanks for setting up this forum, and when every you get a chance I'd like to get level 2 access.

RWC75

Level 2 Member
o7

RWC75 here, in the northern Virginia area. I've not done a lot of MSing so far, but I've definitely been active in churning cards for signup bonuses in the past (Club Carlson got me 10 nights free in Iceland, Chase BA and the United cards have gotten me free trips in the US and to Europe, etc). Reading blogs such as Chasing The Points, Personal Financial Digest, Big Habitat, Miles Professor, and Milenomics - as well as tracking the #milemadness contest - has caused me to rethink my points and cash back earning strategies.

While I've been minimally active on FT in the past, I'm primarily looking to reshape my earning strategies and get more serious about MSing in general. I would appreciate Level 2 access as well, and will drop you a note shortly.

Nicole

Level 2 Member
Nicole from Cincinnati (nky, really, but considered one and the same here). Low volume MSing and travel thus far, but looking to expand. Would appreciate level 2 access as well. Thank you!

Jonathan

Level 2 Member
I’m Jonathan from Dallas. I love travel and chasing a deal, but with 2 kids it is increasingly difficult. My extended family thinks I am crazy, but all of them benefit from what I have learned. I am most interested in the second level forum.

Reactions: SCC

bluebug

Level 2 Member
Maria from San Antonio Texas. Goal is to travel the 6 other continents with my family before my 7 and 8 year old daughters start high school.
Interested in level 2 access

trvl4fs

Level 2 Member
I'm eddy from LA - Los Angeles, not Louisiana. But you can call me trvl4fs. Looking forward to sharing with like minded folks sans attitude.

EdDoc99

Level 2 Member
Hello, I'm from LAX. I'm a grandma who loves to travel. My husband and I have visited 85 countries on 6 continents. I'm interested in ways to increase our miles/points balances and MS. I'm very interested in the second level on the Forum.

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Hi, MaryE or tallworldtraveler, here. I've been using points to upgrade my 6 ft tall frame for years of traveling internationally. I ramped the points collection in the last two years though. I've learned a lot, burned a lot, and had fun. I'm in the process of either living back in the US, or going back overseas. I like games, like points and miles, so highly considering planting myself in LAS or back in California.

WillyPeeps

Level 2 Member
I'm Will from FL. Got my start with the miles/points game 10 years ago when I moved to Japan for work after college. Have traveled/lived all around the Pacific. Hoping to contribute and learn from others. I'm interested in Level 2.

csfenar

Chris from NY, by way of wherever med school rotations have me at the moment. Moderately experienced to the point where most of the blogs are worthless, not enough time to keep up with MP or FT and looking to earn back some of my recently diminished balances with some MS. Excited for what this forum has to offer, and very interested in Level 2!

TravelDean

Say NO to road trips
Dean from Salt Lake City Utah. I have learned with lots of online ready and way too much feet on the street experimentation. Love to travel so this is a great hobby to keep me busy between travels.
I have 3 kids and don't want to leave them home so I have to be creative on the acquisition of points and use of them to get all 5 of us around. Hope to have access to the deeper concepts of flight hacks and MS strategy.

murphbc

Level 2 Member
Ben from Minneapolis. My wife loves to travel, especially to see her family back in Vietnam. Without points and miles, it would be extremely difficult to afford her flights back to visit them. Despite all the doom and gloom over devaluations of different airline programs, I'm extremely grateful for the multitude of miles I'm able to accumulate and burn to stay in touch and be able to visit the people that mean the most to me and my family.

Abhflying

Level 2 Member
Hi , I am from India and currently staying in TN. Started miles and points game 7-8 months ago. PM me if anyone from TN , we can do MS'ing together :). Would like to explore more what's on level 2.

Ryan

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I'm Ryan from Northern California. I've been tinkering around with MS'ing for a couple years now and would like to share ideas on level 2.

Gody

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone. My name is Gody, I've been MS'ing for a couple years now and after just getting married and a new addition on the way this is becoming a very practical hobby for myself. Besides being a scientist ay my day hob, I also invest in real estate and have found a decent amount of success there and would love to share and talk about investment strategies in that regards for people who are interested. I'd love to be involved with Level 2 for sure.

mskz

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am Masa from California (LAX). I am pretty new to the hobby but starting to get more serious and having fun with it.

I am interested the second level. Thanks for organizing this great forum, Matt!

LauraBora

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'm Laura from RI. I've been earning & redeem points for my family for the past 2 years and am loving showing my 2 toddlers the world. Thanks for making this awesome forum Matt!