The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Do Now (if you haven’t already)
- InsideFlyer shares how to earn 500 more SPG starpoints when you register, and stay by 15 December.
- Ok – only if you want to – but you can get 15x AAdvantage Miles by donating to the USO.
- FrequentMiler reports – Fly Virgin America First Class (if you have a need) for 50% off over Thanksgiving!
On Blog Content and Credit Card Affiliates
- Wandering Aramean shared JetBlue’s commitment to US Military veterans.
- BigHabitat may have found the cheapest way yet to get the Southwest Companion Pass.
- Etihad’s first 10 Residence’s Flights are sold. Lucky had a follow-up asking if Etihad was playing games (or delaying A380 flights).
- PeopleExpress relived may not be so relived.
There were a ton of summaries and other posts about Saverocity’s #WestCoastDO – here’s a curated collection of links:
- BigHabitat’s #WestCoastDO Presentation (a must read for resellers!)
- Marathon Man / Mileage Update – Phoenix Desert DO
- Milenomics – #WestCoastDO Debriefing
- Free-quent Flyer – Reflections on #WestCoastDO
- TravelBloggerBuzz – #WestCoastDO
- Travel with Grant – Marathon Man – Manufactured Spending is like Card Counting
Another great event from the Saverocity team is being coordinated by Dia the Deal Mommy. Family Travel 4 Real Life 2 (FT4RL2) will be 7 March 2015. Through 17 November she is offering 10% off if you use “westcoastdo”. More information and to sign up here.