- This is from last year, but after reading a review of Lucky’s on KLM, I saw him link to Tiffany’s write-up of KLM Airlines Dutch Houses, which I thought was a really cool, and definitely lore worth knowing!
- Could Emirates and Etihad really merge? There are rumors.
- Basic Fares are all the rage now-a-days for airlines. But you should avoid them! Between no carry-on bag, no seat assignment, and no elite upgrades, they are just plain bad–in my opinion. So what do you do, if you’ve used your FlexPerks or Citi or Chase points to buy a ticket? Well, Ed Pizzarello, writer of Pizza in Motion has the answer!
- Rapid Travel Chai reports that Malta’s Azure Window has collapsed. This was an iconic site, which now sits in the Mediterranean. I never got the chance to see it, although I hope to still get the chance to head over to Gozo, the location of the Azure Window.
- Doctor of Credit reports American Express has plans to combat churners. Not terribly new news, but, something to be aware of. It’s the primary reason I’ve turned to reselling as a method for business and for generating points.
AMEX Centurion Lounge Changes:
- American Express will start limiting how many guests / companions you can bring into the Centurion Lounges starting 30 March. This is a step in the right direction with respect to over-crowding, but it still doesn’t make me think that it will solve the problem experienced at Dallas or Miami among others.
- PF Digest has another view on the whole American Express Centurion Lounge Changes. I can’t really say I disagree with him, since a nuclear family is usually 2 adults, 2 children. As I’m reading this, its sounding a whole lot more like who I probably sounded about the Alaska Airlines overnight Devaluation.
Observation Deck Podcast:
The Joes and I celebrate the 50th Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast – it was a fun one, Singapore, AMEX Platinum personal, and some navel gazing.
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- Star Alliance Gold Track Security can speed you through security.
- Please don’t forget to Vote in the Freddie’s – your favorite airline and hotel loyalty programs will thank you!
- Another awesome livery from All Nippon Airlines! The ANA Hawaii A380 Livery!
- Credit cards are kind’ve an important thing for resellers, here are my go to credit cards for reselling.
- What do you do with all those points you earn from reselling? You plan to fly on Qatar Airways new Qsuite! With at least 3 of your friends!