The Weekly Travel News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- This is from last year, but after reading a review of Lucky’s on KLM, I saw him link to Tiffany’s write-up of KLM Airlines Dutch Houses, which I thought was a really cool, and definitely lore worth knowing!
- Could Emirates and Etihad really merge? There are rumors.
- Basic Fares are all the rage now-a-days for airlines. But you should avoid them! Between no carry-on bag, no seat assignment, and no elite upgrades, they are just plain bad–in my opinion. So what do you do, if you’ve used your FlexPerks or Citi or Chase points to buy a ticket? Well, Ed Pizzarello, writer of Pizza in Motion has the answer!
- Rapid Travel Chai reports that Malta’s Azure Window has collapsed. This was an iconic site, which now sits in the Mediterranean. I never got the chance to see it, although I hope to still get the chance to head over to Gozo, the location of the Azure Window.
- Doctor of Credit reports American Express has plans to combat churners. Not terribly new news, but, something to be aware of. It’s the primary reason I’ve turned to reselling as a method for business and for generating points.
AMEX Centurion Lounge Changes:
- American Express will start limiting how many guests / companions you can bring into the Centurion Lounges starting 30 March. This is a step in the right direction with respect to over-crowding, but it still doesn’t make me think that it will solve the problem experienced at Dallas or Miami among others.
- PF Digest has another view on the whole American Express Centurion Lounge Changes. I can’t really say I disagree with him, since a nuclear family is usually 2 adults, 2 children. As I’m reading this, its sounding a whole lot more like who I probably sounded about the Alaska Airlines overnight Devaluation.
Observation Deck Podcast:
The Joes and I celebrate the 50th Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast – it was a fun one, Singapore, AMEX Platinum personal, and some navel gazing.
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- Star Alliance Gold Track Security can speed you through security.
- Please don’t forget to Vote in the Freddie’s – your favorite airline and hotel loyalty programs will thank you!
- Another awesome livery from All Nippon Airlines! The ANA Hawaii A380 Livery!
- Credit cards are kind’ve an important thing for resellers, here are my go to credit cards for reselling.
- What do you do with all those points you earn from reselling? You plan to fly on Qatar Airways new Qsuite! With at least 3 of your friends!