The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
Do This Now:
- A new trans-atlantic route – Hartford, Connecticut’s Bradley Airport to Dublin.
- Qatar introduces 96 hour free transit visa.
Miles and Points:
- Doctor of Credit reports on a rumor that American Express may try to compete with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. It could be as early as Q4 (which starts in 3 days..). This could turn into a very lucrative year for folks in the miles and points game!
- MJ on Travel is making a change. We wish him well, and will certainly look for him on Travel Update.
- Matt’s got a great post on ROI and when you should and shouldn’t use it for decision making.
- Matt had another post income tax, of particular interest is the impact inventory does (or rather does not) have on it.
- A discussion on long tail products. Oren shows how he made a significant return, and he only had to hold the product for 7 months. Its not bad for a subset of products, but too much would tie up capital for too long.