The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- Ed reviews United’s new domestic first class seat. I love seeing the power (even if awkward), but my favorite part is the cradle recline style, vs. seat back recline. He also highlights an issue that I’m seeing more and more commonly – a lack of lumbar support. Overall, it sounds like the seat is meh at best.
- PSA: Always double and triple check your hotel room door. Jeanne has more.
- TSA Screeners are now being sent to an academy for a two week training curriculum. It looks a whole lot like the academy is the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia. It’s a great step, however, with the level of retention that TSA is seeing, that’s a lot of training costs.
Miles and Points
- Last Friday a great deal was released – JetBlue said it would match or give you more points as you have in your Virgin America account, up to 75,000 I think. My Saverocity Observation Deck comrade is going to pass it up. I might too. He’s pretty logical in his argument.
- FrequentMiler further asks the question of whether you should play the JetBlue points match deal. This is perhaps the biggest thing in the miles and points world this week. It’s worth a read.
- Lucky shares an interesting perspective on writing trip reports. I can certainly sympathize!
- Hyatt Gold Passport unveils a new website! It is definitely an improvement too!
Tagging Miles Posts:
- British Airways Gate 365 Shopping Portal
- Review: Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro
- 10 To-Do’s – International Travel Checklist
- Saverocity Observation Deck – Talking TSA
- Get Ebates Cashback In-Store