The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Lots of US airlines want to fly to Cuba – interesting to see who makes it.
- Emirates to unveil a new 777 business class seat next week at ITB Berlin – they will finally have fully flat business class seats! This is great news, even though its long overdue.
- Singapore Airlines joins the A350 club. They’ll only have Business, Premium Economy, and Economy, and later A350’s will facilitate Singapore’s return to the longest commercial flights (to New York and LA)
- Hyatt announced a new hotel brand – Hyatt Unbound, however, it is not boundless enough to satiate the demand unique hotels within the Hyatt portfolio.
- Oh, and via Apttraveler, apparently Emirates wanted to retake the longest commercial flight sooner, flying Dubai to Auckland.
- Australian Business Traveller reports that Qatar will fly the A380 to Sydney, starting in June, 2016. Only time will tell, but, this does step up the game, with all three of the Middle East 3 (ME3) flying A380’s to Sydney. Of course, Qatar’s A380 is perhaps the most inferior of the three.
- Seth shares a trip report we probably wouldn’t get otherwise, considering EgyptAir is a dry airline, and their business class cabin is 2-3-2 angled layflat (it looks similar to American’s old 772 business class)
- Becky asks – is Bogota, Colombia safe? Her answer may surprise you!
- 1600 Pandas are taking over Bangkok – see their travel schedule.
Miles and Points
- Ed shares why he’s still loyal to American Airlines, and some good advice as far as your mileage accounts. Even better – he shares advice to being a good husband, which we can all learn from.
- The Doctor reports that American Express will offer the highest SPG bonus ever before seen, a whopping 35,000 points.
- Greg the FrequentMiler follows up this awesome news about the SPG offer, with a way for you to refer your friends, should you already have the card. You can earn up to 110,000 points, if you have enough friends willing to apply!
- Also in the news – a new Barclay’s offer for the Lufthansa card – 50,000 points, and lounge passes.
- FrequentMiler shares (and then updates) some assumptions and analysis of the new Chase Freedom Unlimited card.
- The latest Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast is out – Reselling Part 2!
- The art of the button hole.
- Thai Airways 787-8 In eight photos.
- Brief Sunday Round-up – Chase Freedom Changes, Seychelles Flights, LAX TBIT Connector, United’s MPX App
- The First 727 flies again, for its last flight. The bird, is said to have flown more than 3 million passengers in its time flying. Wow, just wow. You can find her at the Museum of Flight.