The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Do This Now:
- If you haven’t already entered Gary Leff’s giveaway, do so now. He’s giving away two nights at the Al Maha in UAE. Its a beautiful SPG property, that I’d love to visit myself.
- Seth, the Wandering Aramean is also holding a giveaway for fun #avgeek swag.
- Mrs. Pizza in Motion shares ways to combat sickness when traveling. She says it isn’t the recycled air that gets you sick (which makes sense).
- Gary shares some advice on how to sleep well on short flights and beat jet lag. The only thing I disagree with him on is that I tend to have less trouble going to Asia than I do to Europe. For me, the longer 14 hour flights help with transitioning to a different timezone, as there is enough time to sleep and eat, vice shorter flights (even when skipping breakfast).
Seth reports that United will re-link the US with Singapore. This is huge, as Singapore Airlines had previously expressed an interest in re-starting SIN-LAX and SIN-NYC flights, to see United doing it from SFO (where Singapore Airlines flies, but with a stop in Hong Kong), its interesting. But I still feel bad for anyone flying that, given that even in “Business-First” with that B/E Aerospace seat, is, in my opinion, anything but comfortable.
Point Hacks reports Apple Pay in Australia now works. Of course Discover’s great deal is done (and I’m not even sure it would’ve made sense), but, there are bound to be other promotions in the future, so bookmark this one.
Miles and Points:
- PF Digest in his typical “the world is over” fashion (I mean this, tongue in cheek of course), shares another data point on how over-exposure kills, and how our “hobby” is much bigger and much more public now than ever before.
- Frequent Miler shares his Winter 2016 approach to manufactured spending. He also published a Manufacturing Spend through Reselling guide (authored by yours truly).
- Chasing the Points shares how a Photo Booth business has a lot in common with Manufactured Spending. Its an interesting perspective, and really MS has much in common with many businesses.
- I realize I’m citing a bunch of PF Digest this week. But, this one really got under my skin. A bunch of us, not just Saverocity Bloggers (but, lets be honest, we’re pretty knowledgeable on this stuff) saw a particular blog post and took issue. PF Digest–caught the short straw (kidding– I’m sure he wrote it up, because it is important). Anyone can have a blog. But there is a level of responsibility in blogging, and advocating tactics that look a lot like committing a crime, is well, frowned upon. Succinctly: Manufactured Spending is perfectly legal; Structuring deposits to avoid reporting is quite the opposite.
- Milenerd got in on the structuring debate. The good news is, everyone is pretty consistent – Just Don’t Do It.
- Iran Air is going on a shopping spree, including some A380’s. But I’m not sure I’d hold your breath.
- Turkish unveiled a special Batman vs Superman livery, check it out!
- Alaska Airlines’ got a new look, and it’s pretty sweet! Albeit, not a big change.
TaggingMiles Posts of the Week:
- You can only save so much, but you can earn even more
- Hotel Options for #ResellingDO
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment by Amazon: Updated! Shipping Info You Need to Know
- A Reseller’s Delight – Free Address Labels and Shipping Supplies!
- Gestures of Goodwill aren’t just to be received – Be sure to show your Gratitude too
- #Snowzilla hits the East Coast, what can we learn from it?