Recently, Kenny wrote a post on how he helped another family travel with miles. Usually he will ask me to read over his posts and correct any grammar mistakes I find. While reading this post my head started spinning. I corrected some errors but told him that I didn’t have time to digest everything. Since then I’ve gone back and tried to understand it all. I’ve never gotten into the whole mileage game – although I do enjoy the benefits immensely. Anyways, back to this post. I found this one really hard to follow and tried to make sense of it. I really think that Kenny’s ADD came into play in a big way in this post. He’s currently taking some college courses and I think there is a college list that got mixed up in this post somehow. The first part where he talks about where they needed to go and the balances they were working with was pretty straight forward and then he got to where he helped this family. And the acronyms and confusion started. I did some digging around on the acronyms and figured I’d post what I found so that it may help you too. Although to be honest I’m still as lost as I ever was. Here goes:
1. SAT-BWI – SATs are tests for college and BWI is Boating While Intoxicated. We haven’t been boating or drunk recently, but somewhere someone must have taken SATS and then gone and gotten drunk on a boat resulting in him being able to find a way to save this family 4000 points per person.
2. SAT-EWR – SAT tests again – college has gone to his brain. EWR is Early Work Release as in from prison. Really. This college is leading to intoxication and prison. I think I’m gonna ask him to quit. Oh but somehow it helped him find a way to use 20,000 points roundtrip rather than 16700 one way.
3. Because of these changes he’s taking SATs while Boating While Intoxicated and then Are You Serious(AUS) – Early Work Release again. All because the points were back in this family’s account within minutes. See why I’m still lost???
4. SAT-YVR Now he takes the SATs and gets Your Voice Reminder. So long as it’s a reminder for SAT and not Boating While Intoxicated or maybe he can get the reminder to not go boating while drunk.
5. YVR-SAT. He really wants the voice reminder for SAT – he’s going both ways on that one. Then he wants to take the SAT to a Hole ‘Nother Level (HNL) – little bit addicted to these SATs eh? He also mentions that if you open a United Credit Card you get access to Extra Networking (XN) award space. You’ll have to ask him, I have no idea.
6. This one is easy except with all those SATs and Intoxication and Early Work Releases I’m totally lost now as to how he really saved 50,000 or 100,000 miles but I’ll take his word for it – or not.
7. He’s going to Italy with those SATs. And now he mentions this family is on the right track after all. So did he help them or not???
Disclosure: While Kenny has never been officially diagnosed with ADD, I’ve been happily married to him for 14 years now and I’m pretty sure I’m qualified to give the diagnosis. Also, I’ve diagnosed him with another disorder. This one is unique to him and I call it the Kenny’s Syndrome. Symptons are: 1.Disillusionment of Knowledge, and 2. Inability to gain weight. Oh and please pay off your credit card balances in full each month. And don’t pay interest – he says that makes him sad. I prefer it when he’s happy.