Lurkers

wanymayold

Level 2 Member
Have to be honest. I am not contributing much. Only joined a handful of topics regarding reselling.
I am not very active in the MS, not very active in reselling as I was. Limited time is part of the reason. The other reason can just be unwillingness to type.

sonbenfan

Level 2 Member
I haven't been active for a while due to lot of reasons....sorry about that...not trying to give an excuse. will be more active.

Vivek

Level 2 Member
I am sorry that I haven't been posting on the forum much except a few posts because the information that I want to mention when I figure out is already part of the knowledge shared in here. I have shared wherever I could add value and will continue to do so. I do not want to bloat the forums with 'thank you' comments just to keep the activity going. This forum has awesome folks contributing and some of the great content that I have found over the net.

I would like to stay active please.

loves2fly

Gold Member
@Matt, I trust your judgment. I've seen one of your decisions in one situation that I thought was fair to all (referring to cross posting of topics shared here). I try to give back as much as I take because I like it here.

rockhopper

Level 2 Member
Honestly, I don't post more often because it feels like all I'm doing is asking asking asking and never contributing previously unshared information. As others have mentioned, I don't wish to post simply for the purpose of posting. I'm still such a newbie to this game, and I truly do appreciate the opportunity to learn from the masters.

JaVa

Level 2 Member
Like all too many posters in this thread, I tend to not post because I don't feel like I've been in the game enough to know anything special that brings added value to the table. I'd love to help out on stuff like the avianca lifemiles discovery thread, but I haven't been reading daily and haven't seen a bunch of team type effort posts out there. I suppose I could add a bunch of me too posts to get my post count up, but i thought you wanted real helpful posts rather than just a bunch of noise.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Like all too many posters in this thread, I tend to not post because I don't feel like I've been in the game enough to know anything special that brings added value to the table. I'd love to help out on stuff like the avianca lifemiles discovery thread, but I haven't been reading daily and haven't seen a bunch of team type effort posts out there. I suppose I could add a bunch of me too posts to get my post count up, but i thought you wanted real helpful posts rather than just a bunch of noise.
I love the idea of team work - we have a lot of such projects going on, but they do tend to be done by the more regular folks - as they are somewhat member driven, if people don't know you they often won't invite you into that project.. of course, you can always start your own.

Just FY...and everyone else who missed reading my post here and just replied.... I .... there isn't any post requirement here, I sent out the email to highlight that I felt such an approach unfair.

DrDoctor

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt, thanks for this confirmation. Also finally took the time to login, most probably at some point I will read as well. Registered when you first sent out the invitation emails.

PWMTrav

Staff member
I like having received an email about this. I've definitely been less active, here and blogging, due to work, but it's a nice gentle reminder that you get bounced if you're not participating. I hope to ramp back up after the 4Q push, so don't delete me! :D

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I like having received an email about this. I've definitely been less active, here and blogging, due to work, but it's a nice gentle reminder that you get bounced if you're not participating. I hope to ramp back up after the 4Q push, so don't delete me! :D
Or not... Depending if you read the first post here or not :)

PWMTrav

Staff member
Or not... Depending if you read the first post here or not :)
Hah, I just re-read it. I thought the italicized text was from this forum.

I do think there's a difference between established members of the community going inactive and folks who never post or participate (and never have). I'm a fan of keeping the former and warning/removing the latter, with some encouragement that engagement is good. Saverocity Forums doesn't really have a Repost Police like you see at FT, etc, and I personally don't get bent out of shape when folks repost stuff that others have "known for ages" as it demonstrates a willingness to get involved. I also think that old ideas are new to some, and if a newer person isn't helping out a seasoned vet, they are probably still helping someone even newer than them by posting something that they still consider useful.

farbster

Level 2 Member
Flagged as a lurker :(

Stuff got in the way like work, work and oh right, work...

Will try to get back asap to my awesome Level 2 status :)

Let's hope that people keep the stuff here...

Shak Y

Level 2 Member
Due to overwhelming work, I think it's an insult to lurkers to even call me a lurker! But work is cyclical, so hopefully back to participating in the new year!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Honestly, I don't post more often because it feels like all I'm doing is asking asking asking and never contributing previously unshared information. As others have mentioned, I don't wish to post simply for the purpose of posting. I'm still such a newbie to this game, and I truly do appreciate the opportunity to learn from the masters.
I like it when people ask questions. They may be ones that I needed the answer for, and hadn't even realized that, or ones that I actually HAVE an answer for, and can feel useful.

While it's not necessarily true that there is no such thing as a stupid question, they are few and far between. And the ONLY stupid questions in MS are ones where the answer lies fewer than 50 posts back in the same thread.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Somehow my posts have disappeared or something before? I've posted on Hilton several times. Weird. Oh well... starting fresh again. :-/
I'm not sure how that would be possible - any chance that you are mixing up Fora, AKA mixing up GFs names?

kelcells

Level 2 Member
Thanks for not kicking me out as well. Pretty much same excuses as everyone else, add in the death of my OBC and a paltry credit line on my TD Bank 5% card and my MS game has really slowed (as has any real push for innovation, I didn't even fill up my Serves last month). Hopefully a CLI with TD will fix that and get me back on the horse.

I do want to thank everyone who posts more often than I do. While I may not directly contribute to the community here as much as the regulars, I really enjoy following and keeping up with everyone. It definitely helps the day go by and makes me feel better knowing there are others out there grinding like I do (not a lot of competition in my area of Virginia Beach besides @beachmiles).

jonasan

Level 2 Member
I guess I'm in a similar boat as some others who were flagged in that life outside of MS has gotten a bit hectic of late. Work and other life circumstances are currently limiting my time to do any MS and participate/share my experiences in this forum. I do enjoy being a part of the community and do wish to continue to be a part of it, so hopefully time allows for this and I can do more to contribute. I appreciate all the help I've gotten from this forum up to this point, and hopefully some of my past experiences and future ones will help another down the line.

cactus

Level 2 Member
I was flagged for lack of activity and have no great excuse. As many have stated, I am also busy with work and life, but my life includes MS! I agree to not share outside of the Forum and to be civil, and to contribute more often. I appreciate level 2 access.

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
I too was flagged for inactivity. I definitely agree not to share outside these fora and agree to continue to be civil! Please don't terminate my account - I'll certainly try to contribute more.

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
Matt,

After reading your opening post, I have to say that I feel this experiment was a case of good idea...poor execution. I, like many others, received "the email" and at first was taken aback by the message. I wasn't angered by the email, as I have been absent for over a month due to real-life obligations, rather, I was disappointed because it was contrary to my thoughts of what this site and forum was about. I'm glad that I took the time to see your position on the matter.

For some, this forum and the "game" itself, is a full-time job. For others, like myself, it is a fun hobby. I enjoy sharing ideas and helping others when I can, and in my short time here, I hope that I have been somewhat successful in my endeavors. I firmly believe we all need a kick sometimes to get going, and as such, I think the premise of an email reminder for lack of posting is a damn good idea...it just needs some refinement.;)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,

After reading your opening post, I have to say that I feel this experiment was a case of good idea...poor execution. I, like many others, received "the email" and at first was taken aback by the message. I wasn't angered by the email, as I have been absent for over a month due to real-life obligations, rather, I was disappointed because it was contrary to my thoughts of what this site and forum was about. I'm glad that I took the time to see your position on the matter.

For some, this forum and the "game" itself, is a full-time job. For others, like myself, it is a fun hobby. I enjoy sharing ideas and helping others when I can, and in my short time here, I hope that I have been somewhat successful in my endeavors. I firmly believe we all need a kick sometimes to get going, and as such, I think the premise of an email reminder for lack of posting is a damn good idea...it just needs some refinement.;)
Yep, it needs a bit of work on the delivery... i'll give you that!

Jordan

Level 2 Member
I'd like to post more but I always forget to come to forums. Mostly just read blogs on feedly. I'm sure I'm missing the best stuff but until I start to crawl forums and see some awesome ideas it's hard to create the habit

BigCountry

Level 2 Member
i too got the notification and was like, hmm, that's too bad as work has been extremely busy and I was hoping to be a long term member of the community.

I didn't do any actionable based on it.

Then i got your follow up email and understood.

TheSterlingTraveler

Level 2 Member
Like others have already posted, I had the same reactions. I got a very bad taste in my mouth from the first email, then I got the second email. Poor execution but understandable. Life is always super busy for me in December...this year the busyness started a month earlier.

AlohaDaveKennedy

Level 2 Member
Sorry Matt - just been spread a bit thin and wound up on your hit list. I'll try to post more frequently although I will be out to sea in the next week.