Introduce yourself here!

Gustraveler

Level 2 Member
Hi all! I am Justin/Gustraveler and I live in West Michigan area, a nice place to not only live but also to collect points and miles. I have been reading Saverocity for about the last 8 months and love all the blogs and ideas. Have been collecting miles for about he last 8 months now and having fun doing it. In my real job I am an online high school teacher of Social Studies. Looking forward to learning more and contributing.

Jayson

Level 2 Member
Hi,
I'm Jayson and I have 7 kids. I am a pharmacist, but I am starting medical school in NC at the end of July. I won't be working during school, so I am trying to figure out how to support the family on the cashback rebates. I was looking for level 2 access.

delicious vinyl

Level 2 Member
Hi all,

Matt from Western NY. Just getting going in the points hobby. Looking to soak up as much info as possible. Looking forward to it!

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone,

Linda from DFW, originally from NYC. Been travel hacking all my life, relying on real spend until recently... Now that I have discovered MS, the world is even more at my fingertips. Interested in meeting like-minded people and sharing tricks and experiences.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'm Annie from No. CA about 90 min north of SF. Spouse and I are retired and main goal is FF miles for business class to Europe next year. I'm somewhat new to MS--a bit timid esp. because of location - have been using it mostly for min. spends on CC apps. Good FICO, ability to float, reading everything I can (blogs until I'm bleary eyed) and ready to learn and step it up. I'd love a mentor not to spoon feed but just to be able to ask questions so I don't make BIG mistakes.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Hi my name is MarkD (@maulermark on Twitter). I live in Northern California near Sacramento where MS is plentiful... My wife and three teenagers keep me busy when I'm not MSing.

I look forward to the next #milemadness DO on the west coast and meeting a lot of you who attend.

Thanks to Matt and the Saverocity gang for putting this forum together!

VaTraveler

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, living in Suffolk, VA. Been playing the game for a while, but only got serious in the past year. Family of four and it takes lots of miles to get everyone there!

TeamZissou

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone, Travis from Louisville, Kentucky here.

I had one credit card for 14 years or so until last August when I applied for the SPG personal, US Airways Mastercard and Sapphire Preferred after reading up on things for a month or so. Since then I've added a few additional cards, paid for a couple of smaller vacations for my family of 4 and gotten more comfortable with MS as well as slightly addicted :)

I'm interested in the MS side of things and sharing tips and tricks that make things easier. Matt, I'd like to request level 2 access if I could. I mainly use hotel and cashback cards as we don't do a lot of flying with the 5 year old and 4 year old yet- they want to, just not sure the parents want to. Look forward to learning and contributing!

Trevor

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Trevor from Colorado Springs, CO. I acquire miles from traveling each week to SFO for work, CC sign-ups, and some MS. Typically my MS has been pretty time consuming, so I am working on improving my efficiency, and hopefully increasing my overall MS also. My wife is finally getting int it too. She's always been fine with me doing all the applications for new cards for her and myself, but now she's even starting to help with MS via buy/sell, reviews on Barclays, etc. We love to use the miles to help family with travels and enjoy some nice trips ourselves.

levander

Level 2 Member
I'm levander and I started doing MS maybe 9 months ago? I make good money per hour put into it. But overall, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. The thing is, I kind of enjoy it for some odd reason! So I keep going...

I'm about over sign-up bonuses. Just not so hungry for what is on offer out there that way. And sign-up bonuses are a lot of work making sure everything goes okay. Think I'm going to concentrate on my Club Carlson and Wells Trade 5% card I'm about to apply for to keep things simple. But am always curious and looking for new ways to MS... Reselling is looking more and more interesting...

I've been following Matt for awhile on Twitter and have really enjoyed a lot of the articles he's linked to. I'm more and more note interested in this web site and would like to have level 2 access to this web site if I could get it?

Itzrich

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Rich and my wife and I started collecting points after a friend at work turned me on to the points game and travel hacking. We took our first trip to Europe last year for 3 weeks all with points and haven't looked back. I'm excited to learn more from the experts out there and would be very interested in getting info on level two access.

KimahB

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm KimahB, relatively new to miles & points hunting and interested in investing and a winning strategy for a comfortable end game. My husband & I live on Kauai, so finding reasonable travel is vital to get off the island more than once a year. Looking forward to learning and sharing discreetly!

windycity

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Kevin in DC area. After using cash back card for 14 years, I moved over to miles and points cards two years ago. Enjoyed company funded travel for 10 years, but now I'm on my own as current job doesn't require any travel.
Excited to learn, share, and meet like-minded members!

esbelli

Level 2 Member
I'm Robert. I have been trying to follow a 9-step plan to wean myself off frequent flier miles ever since the U.S. Treasury allowed bond purchases with credit cards. That was 15 years ago and I am no closer to kicking the habit.
I'm a regular reader of Saverocity, ChasingthePoints, and PFDigest!

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
ZC here. Thank you Matt for hosting!

I'm trying to learn twitter to follow miles/points breaking news, but mostly I go for Amex cashback. I use this same username on a more mainstream forum.

P.S. Matt, I'd like to explore the second level within these forums, please.

geowest

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm George - only been chasing CC signup bonuses and doing MS for about a year, but being able to fly anywhere for free (basically) sure gets addicting fast! Looking forward to hopefully learning and sharing at level 2 - thanks!

bmor619

Level 2 Member
Hi Folks,
I'm Bob. I have a farm near PIT. Starting collecting points about a year ago. My wife & I just returned from Europe using free flights & mostly free hotels. I'm hooked on this hobby. I'm looking to learn from the vets & help any beginners that I can.

Nate

Level 2 Member
Hey All,
Nate here. Just started getting into churning and MS this last year and am starting to ramp things up above noob level. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone.

kneekey

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone,

Niki here. I dove into the world of free travel a couple of years ago. Along the way I got into MS and have since picked up a Southwest companion pass, booked lots of free domestic travel, and am now looking forward to my first international trip in a premium cabin in a few months (on points of course). I'm always interested in learning new and better ways towards earning more miles. Looking forward to talking shop with everyone.

wasabirobot

Level 2 Member
Hello. I'm from South Carolina and I got into this game with some help from a friend a few months ago. I've been reading blogs and forums voraciously since then and I'm glad to find this one.

gokhawksgo

Level 2 Member
Hey Everyone,

Brian here, been in and out of the points game for about 2 years. Always looking for new ways to earn and burn!

PVM

Level 2 Member
Hi All,

I'm Praveen. I'm from San Jose, CA. I enjoy traveling and earning points. I've been earning points using credit cards for the past 10 years. Got into MS about a year ago. Am looking forward to learning about new avenues for MS.

bsbybms

Level 2 Member
Hello, I'm Bryan from CHI. I've been in the MS game for about a year and a half, and haven't looked back. Thanks for creating this forum!

tv7

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'm Tim in PHX, I don't know too many people here that are in the game. Look forward to making it to the second level someday. ;)

ysugar1

Level 2 Member
Hi ! I'm Zack from NY, I love travel hacking and I am an intense MSer ! I enjoy the Saverocity site and it's bloggers are some of the best in the game !

I have almost 15 active credit cards accounts currently, and I really enjoy the aa exec :)

I enjoy multiple frequent flyer/renter programs, nothing like getting on a flight and getting moved to business, or reserving a full size and getting an awesome upgrade !!

I read a lot on the web to keep up to date on the latest news and ms methods, and to share info regarding my successes, and tips from experience.

I am active on flyertalk and other forums, And I am looking forward to contributing on this wonderfully designed one !!!

P.S. - Matt, can you hook me up with level 2 access so I can join some of the more serious conversation :)

Someone

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I'm Russ, based on the northshore of Boston, MA. I was heavily into MS about 15 years ago, before I knew it had a name or that other people played this sport, and things were much simpler. I've been picking up the cards and playing again lately.

Also wondering about this level 2 business, Matt.

hellas67ea

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, my name is TED. I am from Philadelphia. If have been doing this for two years now. I started this whole game with depositing an amex check for trying some type of program or service, then called any canceled the service.
I haven't fought anyone in philly that does this type of thing.
Its taught explaining to friends and family, but they sure like the free gas at giant. I do this more for addition income then for travel, but its still early. Anyway glad to hear from everyone and keep on truckin'

Abbas17

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone. Hi, this is Abbas. Work in NYC but often travel to Asia for work. Addicted to miles like everyone else here. Spent the first 10 years accumulating miles with the worst airlines, ie: Skypsesos. Managed to accumulate bonuses on the other programs and enjoying the perks!

Prior

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, Prior from Boston. Not a beginner, but not an expert either. Looking forward to interacting in a positive community!

ncSam

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, I'm Sam. I recently graduated from school and moved from NYC to CT. I've been playing the miles/points game for a few years now and have learned a tremendous amount. I found Saverocity through TBB and have been lurking for the past few months. I'm bummed that I missed the CLT DO but look forward to sharing ideas on here. I primarily used to read mostly miles/points content, but have now become interested in the personal finance side of things as well through articles posted here at Saverocity. I'm interested in the level 2 access as well as the personal finance review. FIRE away!

Vinay

Level 2 Member
Hi All,

I'm Vinay, based in NC. I learned abt miles/points when I was searching for a deal to get to India. That was about 2 yrs ago. Since then I have been reading, MSing, travelling with my family for almost free. I found saverocity few months back and finally registering to learn and contribute to the forum.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Hello to All, I'm based in California and Southern India, very appreciative of everyone's sharing here and on other forums. Looking to optimize my MS. Matt, I'd appreciate Level 2 access if available.