- Introduction to Flying the Cycle
- A tale of Many Lounges
- 1 Euro-Business and 1 Economy Flight
- 3 business class flights
- 3 first class flights
- 3 hotel stays (1 SPG in Milan, Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport) — Which included varying arrival experiences
I just got back from a spending my Memorial Day Weekend flying around the block (so to speak), over the long weekend. It was mostly a mileage run, to maintain American Airlines Executive Platinum status, but had a bunch of fun throw in as well. I’m putting together more notes on the various components of the trip, but thought I’d share a brief into and I’ll build out some of the below bullets in a non-traditional trip report, for a non-traditional trip.
- 144 hours of total travel (home airport to home airport) – roughly 60 hours in the air.
- 3 hotel stays (1 SPG, 2 Hyatts) — Which included varying arrival experiences
- 3 business class flights (all different seats)
- 3 first class flights (all different seats)
- 1 Euro Biz flight
- 1 Economy (intra-Brazil) flight
- 3 different airlines
- 3 continents
- 8 lounges (2 centurions, 2 Lufthansa J, Lufthansa FCT, 1 admirals club, 1 non-airline club-MXP)
- 4 nights on planes
- 7 airports
To get an idea of the miles, here’s what Great Circle Mapper says:
Of course, not all of these flights were revenue, but the majority of them were, so I’ll be earning a bunch of miles, roughly 39k EQMs at least. I did however shift the pendulum from earning to burning for the last flight, upgrading to Lufthansa First Class, primarily because I wanted some wiener schnitzel for lunch:
I’ll have more info coming in the next few days, but I figured I’d start this out here.