The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
Reminder: Saturday, there is a Mile and Point Meet-up in Charlotte hosted by P.F. Digest – attend if you can, it will be awesome!
- Jeanne shares the worlds tallest air traffic control towers. How many of these airports have you been to?
- The headline is that Singapore Airlines will be flying nonstop to San Francisco, but there are some other tidbits in this post that folks will definitely not like – notably, the downgauging of the NRT-LAX flight to a 777-300ER from an A380. I’m curious where that A380 will go.
Miles and Points
- 500 Free Marriott Points. Alone, they won’t buy you much, but just think of that last time that you were just 347 points off of an award. Do this now.
- Frequent Miler pits Freedom vs. Freedom Unlimited. I come to a different conclusion, but not based on the two cards one on one, but rather the opportunity cost, and other cards on the market. The fact is, 2% should be the floor for your earning rate, not 1.5%. Especially with Freedom working at wholesale clubs.
What can those really high annual fee cards do for you? Provide you concierge services, among other things. So go out, and use them!
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week
- New Opportunities after AAdvantage Program Changes – Become a free agent!
- Maximize your Chase Freedom 5x at Costco, this quarter, and every quarter to the end of the year!
- OneWorld Alliance Disincentivizes Partner Bookings