The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Just Plane Craziness!
- It never ceases to be fun to read articles about airport abbreviations. Slate educates us of the sources of many airport abbreviations – some we didn’t even know existed!
- We learned of this from Marty St. George: Subway style maps of cool things, like national parks, A380 hubs, and more!
- Meanwhile, at Boeing…Reuters reports unfinished Dreamliners are hanging out in the Mojave Desert while they wait for seats to show up. At the cost of up to $200,000 per seat. Let that sink in for a moment.
Point Me The Way To Go Home
- Chasing the Points shares what we are all thinking: how do we max out our Chase Freedom 2Q Bonuses?! (I don’t know what you were thinking…but I was thinking that.)
- Chasing the Points also shares with us yet another mileage earning debit card! Sort of. Okay, not really.
- From our fellow Saverocity Observation Deck podcaster As the (other) Joe Flies – British Airways is having an IT SNAFU, and Avios points are missing from many folks’ accounts.
- By the way – if you haven’t downloaded the latest Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast…we’re all about AA (no troubles!)
- From Milenerd: two very important lessons in one post
- If you want to get away from it all, but not go someplace like the JW Marriott Khao Lak, Little Corn Island, off the coast of Nicaragua might be for you. Adventurous Kate shares why this is one of her “Go now” places.
- Stefan from Rapid Travel Chai attended a rather impressive 70th anniversary of Iwo Jima. This link is to the charter flight, but check out all of the other links in the post, very sobering.