#westcoastDO Official Thread - Meetups Friday Evening and Sunday

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Yes, I thought of you and remembered you were otherwise engaged that weekend. Glad you agree it is a good idea.
I was out of town when you posted this and just saw it. I'm very interested. I still haven't figured out my plane reservations. I'm planning on arriving on Friday and still trying to figure out whether I will leave on Sunday or Monday.

Shane

Level 2 Member
I will be arriving early on Friday Afternoon (135pm on UA1607) and will have a car. Staying at the Hyatt House if anyone else is arriving around the same time. I would also be interested in getting together earlier on Friday if anyone is up for it.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I still haven't figured out my airline. Still can't decide whether to fly out of home airport STS via LA to PHX but leave at 6:30am or bus it to SFO--3 hrs-- and fly direct. Going to have to make up my mind soon. Gotta make up my mind right soon now.

Also trying to decide whether to stay over on Sunday night. I thought about doing it for R&R but I think at the Kimpton I'd get rock and roll instead of rest and relaxation. Are any others staying over Sunday night or are most leaving on Sunday?

AIM

Level 2 Member
I still haven't figured out my airline. Still can't decide whether to fly out of home airport STS via LA to PHX but leave at 6:30am or bus it to SFO--3 hrs-- and fly direct. Going to have to make up my mind soon. Gotta make up my mind right soon now.

Also trying to decide whether to stay over on Sunday night. I thought about doing it for R&R but I think at the Kimpton I'd get rock and roll instead of rest and relaxation. Are any others staying over Sunday night or are most leaving on Sunday?
I also need to book my flight there. No direct award flights so Avios isn't a good option and cash price is only $150. To answer your question, I'm heading home on Sunday morning (hopefully without a sore head).

Annie H.

Egalatarian
To answer your question, I'm heading home on Sunday morning (hopefully without a sore head).
Heh, I know you're not talking about your mood. I have to do more than hope. I need a water sherpa--someone who will make sure I have a glass of wine, then two glasses of water before my next glass of wine.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Heh, I know you're not talking about your mood. I have to do more than hope. I need a water sherpa--someone who will make sure I have a glass of wine, then two glasses of water before my next glass of wine.
I could use the same reminder too!

AIM

Level 2 Member
Perhaps I should bring a Costco-sized bottle of ibuprofen for everyone to take before heading to bed. That usually does the trick for me.

skibum3d

Level 2 Member
Perhaps I should bring a Costco-sized bottle of ibuprofen for everyone to take before heading to bed. That usually does the trick for me.
I know what you mean here, but I pictured it as you taking a Costco-sized bottle of ibuprofen before bed. I'm glad that's not actually the case.

Haley

I am not a robot
I'm staying Sunday night. I was thinking I'd need a day of R&R, that's recover and rehydrate :)
Southwest has a new fare sale going on right now.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'm staying Sunday night. I was thinking I'd need a day of R&R, that's recover and rehydrate :)
Southwest has a new fare sale going on right now.
Will take a look, I just decided this AM to stay over on Sunday. Haven't booked flight yet, may leave from STS through LA -AL and return PHX-SFO and bus it home. What time are you leaving on Sunday--perhaps we can share cab?

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
Currently leaving Sunday night, but debating moving it up to morning. Anyone interested in going for a run on Sat/Sun morning?

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
haha, well i was thinking physical run where you get all sweaty. though we could also go on a MS run :p or why not both, though I won't have a car so that could be a bit of a pain.

bluebug

Level 2 Member
Any of the women attending the DO interested in a get together? Not looking to exclude you guys, but I do think that some women have different strategies esp. for MS (this has been discussed here elsewhere) and that more of the folks who play this game are male. Just look at the line-up of speakers.

It is pretty common these days to have organizations/meetups open to/focusing on women in various professions. The DO might be a good opportunity for a women's informal gathering on either Friday or Sunday. Anyone interested?
Sure. Flight arrives Friday 2:35 and leaves Sunday at 10. Let me know if this works with your schedule.

AIM

Level 2 Member
Because I'm leaving early on Sunday, I'm looking to get in any MS runs on Friday evening or Saturday before events kick off. For instance, I haven't been able to get my hands on an AFT yet so would like to swing by the nearby Target. Any other folks interested in MSing in either of those times?

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'm interested in Friday afternoon/evening- coffee/drink and then dinner.
I'm coming in early on Friday, 12:21 PM- US Air- and not leaving Monday afternoon, 2:55 PM -US Air Terminal 4.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Because I'm leaving early on Sunday, I'm looking to get in any MS runs on Friday evening or Saturday before events kick off. For instance, I haven't been able to get my hands on an AFT yet so would like to swing by the nearby Target. Any other folks interested in MSing in either of those times?
Are you talking about the new Red Card for Target? If so, the nearest one is in Tucson.

AIM

Level 2 Member
Are you talking about the new Red Card for Target? If so, the nearest one is in Tucson.
Nope, just your regular Amex for Target, if you can still get them. I live where they don't have them and I've never managed to find one when I've traveled. I thought about driving to Tucson but I'm not sure credit lists to Redbird will stick around.

Maria Sangria

Level 51
I'm coming in at 4:39 on Friday and up for dinner/drinks/whatever. I'll also be around until 10:00 Sunday night. Reserved room to stay over Sunday, but decided to fly out Sunday night instead.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Please keep posting to this thread on Friday for us late arrivals. We'll be looking for the crowd after we arrive at 10:30 PM. We're staying at the Hyatt House so we'll look to the bar area there first and go from there.

Maria Sangria

Level 51
Please keep posting to this thread on Friday for us late arrivals. We'll be looking for the crowd after we arrive at 10:30 PM. We're staying at the Hyatt House so we'll look to the bar area there first and go from there.
DH arrives at 8:12, so we'll still be going late.

Bryan

Level 2 Member
Well that sucks, thanks for the info though. I'm still interested in going, but don't know the best way to get there.
2 hour drive on I-10 East towards Tucson. Boring drive through the desert. I went down a few weeks ago and picked up a few red cards.

-Bryan

salmon51

Level 2 Member
I'm heading to PHX on Thursday, so if anyone is around then or wants to do something during the day on Friday let me know.