#westcoastDO Official Thread - Meetups Friday Evening and Sunday

steventravel

Level 2 Member
Lindsay and I barely made the cut off for two tickets. We are Phx locals so we are up for the entire weekend party. The weather will be great. Let us know if you have any questions or want to meet up.

spirith20

Level 2 Member
Although the FireSky is a great resort, their are definitely better restaurants to explore while here in Scottsdale and the Phoenix area. Perhaps people will want to make a group(s) reservations while attending. I'd like to suggest Chelsea's Kitchen, The Henry, POMO, Blanco and AZ88 just to name a few. Happy to help organize if needed.

skibum3d

Level 2 Member
Although the FireSky is a great resort, their are definitely better restaurants to explore while here in Scottsdale and the Phoenix area. Perhaps people will want to make a group(s) reservations while attending. I'd like to suggest Chelsea's Kitchen, The Henry, POMO, Blanco and AZ88 just to name a few. Happy to help organize if needed.
No love for Amy's Baking Company?

steventravel

Level 2 Member
For us out of towners, this is almost like a theme park attraction. Understand that we very much want the food, but we don't expect the food to be good.
And this is how this place stays in business. Not because they have good food. But because of a theme park attraction. I should be their marketing director and stage daily fights with customers for entertainment.

steventravel

Level 2 Member
With a limited number of nights in Phoenix, there are so many other options for restaurants to go to rather than supporting ABC and their owners.
Bandera and Houston's are both excellent options near the resort

Never been to Roaring Fork but that is right there as well.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
Does anybody have any contacts at the Arizona Cardinals? They have a game against the St. Louis Rams and while not the most exciting game on the NFL schedule, it might be fun to see a different team/stadium. Or can I scalp tickets at reasonable prices at the stadium?

spirith20

Level 2 Member
Does anybody have any contacts at the Arizona Cardinals? They have a game against the St. Louis Rams and while not the most exciting game on the NFL schedule, it might be fun to see a different team/stadium. Or can I scalp tickets at reasonable prices at the stadium?

Let me see if I can help you out. Do you have a certain level of seat(s) you're looking for? How many tickets?

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
Thanks so much

I would be looking for 4 tickets maybe in the 100-200 level seats. I still need to figure out if I can make it home after the game. Just trying to explore options

MilesAbound

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to gauge interest in a road bike ride on Friday afternoon. The Phoenix/Scottsdale area has some great looking trails and I can see a few potential 20-30 mile routes that would be very pleasant riding with stops at places like... er... CVS and Safeway along the way LOL. I am looking into rental options and there are some available but want to see what level of interest before homing in and trying to cut a deal with one of the local bike stores.

Marshallonmoney

Level 2 Member
Anyone staying at the Hyatt house, I am getting dinner Friday evening. PM me and let me know if you are interested.
James from BNA and myself are planning something that evening, others welcome.

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
Great, no idea where to go but seems like you guys and Spirith20 are locals and probably know somewhere good to get a good cheap drink and something to eat

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
I'm on US also, arrival is 8:02. Don't know where I'm staying at yet but have a rental booked, can drive whoever needs a ride that will fit. Maybe we can pick a spot near the airport for drinks and I'll grab a table for the group of us, the later arrivals can grab a cab there then I'll drop you at your hotel.

Pilot Marc

Level 2 Member
That sound like a plan to me. text me when you know where you are going to be.
718-781-6123 Marc
or twitter: @tabascov

tkky

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to gauge interest in a road bike ride on Friday afternoon. The Phoenix/Scottsdale area has some great looking trails and I can see a few potential 20-30 mile routes that would be very pleasant riding with stops at places like... er... CVS and Safeway along the way LOL. I am looking into rental options and there are some available but want to see what level of interest before homing in and trying to cut a deal with one of the local bike stores.
I'm in for a ride. Don't need a bike though.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Any of the women attending the DO interested in a get together? Not looking to exclude you guys, but I do think that some women have different strategies esp. for MS (this has been discussed here elsewhere) and that more of the folks who play this game are male. Just look at the line-up of speakers.

It is pretty common these days to have organizations/meetups open to/focusing on women in various professions. The DO might be a good opportunity for a women's informal gathering on either Friday or Sunday. Anyone interested?

smittytabb

Staff member
Any of the women attending the DO interested in a get together? Not looking to exclude you guys, but I do think that some women have different strategies esp. for MS (this has been discussed here elsewhere) and that more of the folks who play this game are male. Just look at the line-up of speakers.

It is pretty common these days to have organizations/meetups open to/focusing on women in various professions. The DO might be a good opportunity for a women's informal gathering on either Friday or Sunday. Anyone interested?
Wish I were coming! Great idea...next time.