Introduce yourself here!

Band888

Band888 from NYC. Completely new to the game. So far I've learned that NYC is desert of MSing. Not a good place to get started. Hopefully I can adapt and thrive.

vigs

Level 2 Member
Vigs in Brooklyn. Had a roommate years ago who would travel every weekend. Asked him how he did it, he tried to explain but it kinda flew over my head. He pointed me to FT which only confused me more but it served as my introduction to these ideas. Only truly began the game in the last few months. Very low level. Interested in adding only a small amount of extra work to my week and accrue a little value. I like to travel internationally every year and usually take a few domestic flights a year.

Ray

Hello Saverocity!
I'm Ray and I've been MSing and traveling on points for a few years now - with lots to learn from everyone. I'm from San Francisco and looking to learn all about reselling.

mattierocks

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Mattie. I live in VA currently but will be relocating to GA in a few months. I just got into this recently and have been dipping my toes slowly into some basic MS. Looking forward to learning more!

occaa200

Hi all, my name is Steve. I'm a grad student living in Boston. I used to travel a lot for work, but now I've settled down a bit. Looking forward to sharing with the community and joining in on the discussion!

DCAFrequentFlyer

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I am Tony who can usually be found on the east coast. Technically I live in Boston but work brings me all over the place. Looking for others in the Boston area and to learn more.

rajin

Level 2 Member
Jon here from the Boston suburbs.
I've been doing doing credit card/gift card games for about 15 years now, originally to help pay off my student loans. My first big profitable deals were 0% balance transfers and depositing them with GMAC and other reward accounts. My activity has waxed and waned over the years, but I've being keeping with AORs and easy MS. I'd like to branch out into more advanced MS and reselling.

Linda marshall

Level 2 Member
Hello- my name is Linda. I'm from Camas, WA . I am an adventure seeker with a great credit score but limited budget for travel. So, when I 'discovered' MS recently (I'm usually late to arrive on the scene of great things) I was both excited by the potential, and frankly, annoyed with myself for not discovering it sooner! Despite that, I'm looking forward to getting started. I'm also delighted to have found The Forum. I have spent a lot of time over the past couple of weeks reading and researching various MS blogs and in addition to gathering more information and tips than I can possibly assimilate, I've discovered that within the first few threads it is easy to get a sense of the overall tone and philosophy of the blog. When I read about this blog on FT, I was intrigued. When i started reading, I knew right away that this was the place I wanted to spend my time :)

MnWolf

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Dan from Minnesota. A few years ago I did a lot of traveling to India, so I accumulated bunches of Delta points. I started looking around for tactics to make use of them, and found the art of MS. I've learned a lot here, I'm just getting started at a very low level. In addition to MS I'm also very interested in personal finance, so this place is fascinating.

BYOB.PSL

irl is good
Hi, I'm Lisa. Located in Central Illinois, a couple hours from IND, MDW, and ORD. Originally started exploring this field to stretch my ability to fly out of the two small local airports (CMI + BMI), but have been diving in more since the beginning of this calendar year. Recently started MSing at a very low level. Looking forward to learning more from the community here!

LoveTravellingFree

Level 2 Member
Glad to join the crowd. I'm Jason and from the Northern Virgnia/DC area. Fairly new to the game, but learning quickly and trying to put the appropriate brakes on while enjoying it!

Rincewind42

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Danny and I'm currently living in the Tampa area. I've been around various forums off and on for the past six years. Seen deals come and go and try to take it all in stride. I've finally found myself with enough free time to actually feel like I can contribute to the community, hence why I am finally posting things.

Pinkeleph

Level 2 Member
Howdy gang.

Andy from Charleston, SC (@Coolmombuck - where in SC are you, if you don't mind my asking?). Been doing the miles/points thing for a few years now. Have been reading Saverocity for a year+ since this is one of the few blogs that presents some fresh info on the topic besides the usual SIGN UP FOR THIS CARD THROUGH MY AFFILIATE LINK TODAY drivel.

Started doing mostly churns and MS, now I'm down to about 4-5k/mo MS and mostly reselling for points/miles.

Matt D

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, Matt from New York. (not to be confused from _the_ Matt of Saverocity. :) )
Got a few things going on - trying to maximize my point generation, but have not started on the advanced topics aside from using Plastiq to hit a spend requirement and get some extra points on an item that usually only takes checks..
Also working on setting up a side business from my daily employment for some software writing that I'm doing. Part of that business actually has me travel, so it's all rather interesting at this point.

Hope to get started on more advanced MS topics soon.

-Matt

CCTWW3

Level 2 Member
Greetings all, Bill from Maryland.

I've been MS-ing for a while, mostly with Simon's and the time honored multiple BlueBird accounts (no Targets near me). After reading Oren, Tagging Miles, and Big Habitat, I just made my first successful foray into reselling. Hopefully I can learn some more targeted strategies to scale it, but I'm enjoying what I've done so far.

-Bill

Wallyword2015

Level 2 Member
Hi All,

My name is Rob and I live in MA. I am fairly new to MS and looking forward to getting my feet wet with MS and to use that as a means to offset some of the costs associated with taking a family trip to Disney before the kiddos get too big.

HunterQin

I'm hunter, a phd student at nc state university at Raleigh. Glad to know you in the further with the game of points and miles.

bgh10788

Level 2 Member
Hi all,

I'm from Peoria. From what I've seen so far, this seems to be a much friendlier place for discussion. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

MrDioji

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone,

I live in the SF Bay Area and have 2 small children. Most of my family is on the east coast. I use CC bonuses/rewards to help get us back to see family and also sneak in nice trips to other places a couple times a year. Without CCs, we'd have to choose one or the other.

I got one rewards card in 2011 that I started putting all of my spend on. Started churning cards in early 2014. Started dabbling in MS with the redbird.

tung_twista

Hello,

I live in San Gabriel Valley, California. I am currently living with my girlfriend.
Hoping to find good deals for traveling next summer.
I have been stumbling around the web for the past month until I found this place.
I hope to give as much as I take from the forum.
Thank you.

Smith92x

Hi everyone,

I live in southeastern Indiana with my wife and two young boys. A couple of years ago my wife and I decided that she should quit her job to be a stay at home mom. I began looking for other means of income which led me to some light MS and some heavy Stapling.
I look forward to learning a few things as well as share a little. I'm also looking forward to being in a more mature community than what some of the more popular deal sites offer.

Auntie

Hi All, I'm Auntie and I live in NY. I've been reading up on MS for a few months and hoping to take a few tentative steps in the next few days. Nice to see a bunch of New Yorkers here. I expected it to be more difficult to MS here but, I guess it's doable. I've read some of the beginner resources here and I really like the vibe. I look forward to spending some time here.

Ski4ever

Level 2 Member
Kyle here. From MA and have always had a knack for loopholes and deals. Have been doing the credit card thing and MS for a while now, about a year ago started educating myself via forums and blogs. Found myself here to share with a more select group of people than the general comment section of reddit or the blogs.

Wallyword2015

Level 2 Member
Kyle here. From MA and have always had a knack for loopholes and deals. Have been doing the credit card thing and MS for a while now, about a year ago started educating myself via forums and blogs. Found myself here to share with a more select group of people than the general comment section of reddit or the blogs.
What part of MA are you from? I live out near Springfield but grew up in Gloucester. I saw there was another person "Jon" I think is how he spelled it that had joined in the last couple months also from MA. Perhaps we can connect through some means (email, message, etc.) and compare notes?

Ski4ever

Level 2 Member
What part of MA are you from? I live out near Springfield but grew up in Gloucester. I saw there was another person "Jon" I think is how he spelled it that had joined in the last couple months also from MA. Perhaps we can connect through some means (email, message, etc.) and compare notes?
Somerville here - I think I saw that post as well. Let's get a message between us started on here!

Moses Lin

Level 2 Member
Hello, Matt.
I am Moses. Living in Taiwan. Thanks Matt for setting this up

I'm thrilled to join a new forum of this community.
I am looking forward to learn something great from you guys

pcedwin

Level 2 Member
Hi all, Edwin from LA

I've been a travel hacker and MSer. I really enjoy help others use their points and MS their card. I really want to get into MS forum and contribute my ideas/strategy. I also look forward to learn from you.

-Edwin

Hi, I'm Khan. I live and work in Japan, but am originally from the US. I do as much MS and what not as possible here and in the past did a lot of BB, VR and Chase Gift Cards when they had no fee. Of course in retrospect I wish I did more of it, especially when OD still sold VR! I happened to grab $5k the day before they stopped selling them. A month later I found some hanging out in a store after they'd be already pulled from shelves, but of course they weren't even worth the paper they were printed on. I'm here as Saverocity has proven to be a valuable resource and as many have said, it doesn't pump cards non-stop!

Zora

Level 2 Member
I am Zora from everywhere else (currently, Nepal). US/Italian citizen though. I finished yet another degree in March and am traveling the world on about $7000 for a year. Then I'm going to travel hack the Appalachian trail. Building credit so all this without card bonuses, but doing research to hopefully start with those CC's in 2016.

Max

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone. Nashville based here. Been doing the points thing since last July. I spend way too much time on forums and websites learning as much I can about our hobby. I already took a free trip to Austria this past April. I plan on going to Prague, Berlin, & Budapest next month, and I'll be visiting Japan for the first time March 2016. And this is all from someone who had previously never left the country before. Glad I got into this hobby!