Introduce yourself here!

Najus1

Hello everyone. My name is Juan and I'm from PA. I'm new to the points/mile game. So new that I'm still wet behind the ears. Hope to learn a lot of information and hopefully pay it forward one day.

star

fly like a beagle
Hi everyone! I'm Esther from CA (Bay Area). I'm trying to step up my miles/points game. :) It sure takes a lot of time! I occasionally comment on Flyertalk threads but mostly I have enough trouble just keeping up with reading all the blogs. I'm like 200 articles backlogged... (love Feedly)

I'm a born and raised huge Silicon Valley nerd and love apps and technology and gadgets. I'm an optometrist (so feel free to ask my eye questions) and currently work in clinical research at Carl Zeiss.

My favorite places to travel are Hawaii, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vancouver, Lake Tahoe in the summer, and all along the California coast. :) I'm a big sucker for oceans, beaches, and sunsets. I'm also a huge fan of cruises, especially for trips with friends (minimal planning and waiting around for people!). On my near-future bucket list are Australia/NZ, Singapore, Maldives, Fiji, other Pacific Islands...I suppose I should try to go to Europe someday too. ;)

I have a small crew of miles/points gamers in the Bay Area, and would always love to meet more to chat and share local tips!

jk1

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm yochanon from NY I'm not new at this but have alot to learn and saverocity seems like the place

Phantom707

Gold Member
Hi, I'm Phantom. I only started in the points and miles scene this past November, but I'm already hooked. I hope I fit in.

Davis320

Hi, Ben from NY here. Been doing this for a little over two years but always willing to learn and of course share what I pick up in the wild.

icu812

Level 2 Member
Flyertalk seems overcrowded. Is this any better? I hope it is. I'd like someplace to chat about miles earning debit cards, and other tax payment options with the loss of ufb, suntrust, hawaiian, and friends. MCCs are strange things...

12th Man

Hello all, My name is Brent. My brother MK17 (a contributor), berated me until I actually joined. I am relatively new to the whole rewards/MS life style. I have dabbled in it a little with some success, but I have a long way to grow. I currently have the Chase Ink and Citi double cash cards. My first toe in the water was the Barclays US Airways and AA citi cards before the merger (thanks to my bro).

MikeCrook

Hi, I'm Mike. I've been into the miles and points game for about 5 years now. It has provided my family and me with a lot of great travel experiences. I'm now starting to get my feet wet with reselling. I look forward to participating in these forums and doing what I can to contribute.

12th Man

Hi, I'm Mike. I've been into the miles and points game for about 5 years now. It has provided my family and me with a lot of great travel experiences. I'm now starting to get my feet wet with reselling. I look forward to participating in these forums and doing what I can to contribute.[/QUOTE

Welcome Mike

nctarheel

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Mike from NC (Go Heels, Go America). Fairly new to MS (~1yr of pretty low level spending) and am starting to get the itch for more!

Mp p

Level 2 Member
HI I am Manhar, I moved to Socal 1 year back from chicago, been in thsi game from last 1.5 years enjoying perks.

jlynmriep

Hi, I'm from North Carolina as well - third from the Carolinas on this page alone I see! I'm pretty new at this (just a couple of months), and having lots of fun trying to figure out how to use all of my new miles and points and refill the accounts for more adventures :)

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Arielle from Philly. I got started about a year and a half ago. I went from completely afraid we'd never be able to afford to fly anywhere once my second child needed his own seat, to having all the miles and pints we could possibly want. I am a SAHM, so I'm pretty practical in my objectives. I try to keep a nice balance of cash, miles, and gas points coming in.

Kevin Lu

Level 2 Member
Hey I'm Kevin from socal. Just graduated and started last winter accumulating points for a post-grad trip. Came here to get more tips and hopefully in the future I'll know enough to give advice to others.

WesleyM

Level 2 Member
Hey all, I'm Wesley and it appears I make #4 just on this page from NC. I'm a virtual newbie to this having just gotten into the research phase a few months ago and started small scale. Ready to up the stakes a bit and try some free travel for a few years.

Mtshastajane

Level 2 Member
Good morning from the (semi) remote mountain hinterlands of Northern California.

I'm interested in the variety of perspectives here--from geographical to philosophical--and appreciate that this site appears to represent a "different" approach to this spectrum of topics. So much of what I've seen on other forums is very narrow with a tendency towards cruelty towards what appear to be well-intentioned attempts to understand this area. Thanks.

jack79

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am Antonio. I have been collecting miles for a year now, not completely newbie but not completely expert. I have been looking for a smarter forum, free of paranoia, free of jerks that tell you you are a moron or just mock you.....I hope this is the right one. Thanks

StrangeBrew

Nick here, living in VA/MD area... Migrated here for the same reasons many have stated earlier. Looking forward to the discussion opportunities with like minded individuals.

Fran

Hi I'm Fran from ABQ. I'm grateful for this space to learn and share with people who are welcoming and informative.

Bamaguy

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone, I'm Bamaguy from Huntsville, AL! I've been collecting points and miles for a few years to allow my wife and I to afford more flights and hotels for our cruises that we've being taking since my retirement. I've only been doing some small MS to meet the minimums for CC bonuses. I'm looking forward to comparing notes in MS and in making good use of the benefits.

Miz2002

Level 2 Member
Hi I am Miz from Seattle. I actually got introduced to this at the beginning of the year by reading a random post about travel hacking and have just been reading a lot and figuring out the process. I hope to continue my learning journey and share what I have picked up along the way.

cavil

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Michael from Olympia WA. I stumbled into this hobby accidentally about 2 years ago. Over many years my wife and I had each accumulated about 140k AS miles with no clear goals or idea how valuable they might be. I googled "best uses of Alaska miles" and shortly thereafter we found ourselves sipping Krug champagne in Cathay First from SFO to JNB. Now we are hooked.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Hi! Ryan from Las Vegas. Got into this game to plan my honeymoon cheaply, and now I'm hooked! I've become a pretty good MSer, and am always excited and happy to chase down a deal. My wife and I have picked up 12 cards each this year. Happy to find a new forum!

Mik3

Hi Saverocity!

Mik3 here, excited to be a member of the forums, I've been MSing for about a year now, and looking forward to participating in the discussions.

Wraggy

Hello from Seattle. Been in the reselling game a couple years and branching out into some MS. Great blog, thanks for the great advice! I've been following you for a few months now.

chichi19

Level 2 Member
Hi All,

I am DC based and slowly scaling up my reselling and MS techniques. Been in the game for about a year now and keep trying to take it to the next level. I enjoy the outdoors, beer, and travel so my top trips often focus on hiking and brewery tours. Looking forward to learning from everyone!

dhermsen

Level 2 Member
Hello,

My name is Dan and i live in the Omaha area. I've been in the game for about a year now and feel like I have a good handle on the basics and a bit of knowledge on the advanced side. I stay extremely low volume with any MS as with 3 kids, I don't like to have a huge amount of float. I was really pumped to get my first big redemption going this morning via Korean Air miles to fly KLM/Garuda/Air France to/from London/Paris. One thing I love about Omaha is what appears to be little/no FF/MS activity. That combined with my low float tolerance has kept all my Targets with CSRs that are more than happy to unload my GCs.

Chocoholick

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt,

Choco here from the Bay Area. I'm new to the Travel/MS hobby, started about 2 months ago. So much to learn, and have learned so much online so far. Glad to be in a forum to learn more!