Introduce yourself here!

oopl

Silver Member
Hello, I dived into the points and miles world about a year ago and am constantly looking to expand my knowledge. Primarily based in Texas for now.

skowee

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I live and work in the San Joaquin Valley (California). Been MS-ing for about a year now and looking to help spread ideas, methods, and tips/tricks. Looking forward to contributing when I can!

sunchip

Level 2 Member
Hey All,
Kyle from DC. I finished up my cpa earlier this year and embarked on a new challenge: 50 marathons in 50 different countries. I ran my first at Dewey Beach in May (USA) and follow that up with a race inside the arctic circle (Norway). I got back from running the temple complex at Angkor Wat last month and I'm slated to run Bangkok and Mt Fuji in November. Then it's the long, cold accounting winter :)

Followed by Stockholm Marathon in June!

Powered by bonuses and running about 30 a month through cards. I'm here because CCs/MS has become a big-time hobby for me and I want to network and meet up with other enthusiasts. Always game to talk shop.

BEB

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone, I'm Brooke. Just moved to Chicago. Found Saverocity from the podcasts (which are highly entertaining and you should all listen to if you havent). I just passed my third (and final) CFA exam (chartered financial analyst) so Im looking forward to contributing to the finance/investing related topics where I can. Other then that, I hope to continue to learn more about this hobby from all of you!

ricohitman

Josh from NC, love MSing and getting flying all over on miles. Pretty versed in most opportunities. Looking to expand and share ideas.

kathynokes

Level 2 Member
Hello!
we live in Central Kansas. While "There is no place like home", my children and I love to see new places. the husband is a little harder, but if I convince him we are traveling for "free", he is game. Working on points for a Europe trip in the next year or two. Dipping my toes slowly in MS and Reselling, our business has generated enough points for our first few trips. 4 generation trip to Hawaii on points over Thanksgiving!

Liveoak

Hello everyone! I'm from Texas and am fairly new to MS and travel hacking. I currently use prepaid cards for my MS but I'm looking forward to learning some different ideas. My main goal is to be able to travel more with my family.

Prem Nambi

Level 2 Member
Prem from Richmond, VA ... interested in travelling with points and have been singing up for credit cards for past couple of years. thinking of moving into little high using MS techniques.

AnxiousRetirement

Hello All,

My name is Jack. I'm 45 years old and approximately 322 days, 22 hours and 2 minutes away from retirement. Something like that.

I have a bunch of crazy issues with anxiety and worrying, so I obsess over all things money related. I love seeking out any tidbits of information that will help with my financial planning and (hopefully) alleviating some worry. I'm sure as my 322 days decrease, I'll get more and more crazy.

I will never be one of those people who go out & about in public doing the manufactured spending. I'm more into things like good reward cards for my current spending, good earnings rates on savings and other exciting things like that.

Oh, and stupid upcoming Halloween forced me to buy some candy corn and I ate too much of it. Man, bad...

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hello All,

My name is Jack. I'm 45 years old and approximately 322 days, 22 hours and 2 minutes away from retirement. Something like that.

I have a bunch of crazy issues with anxiety and worrying, so I obsess over all things money related. I love seeking out any tidbits of information that will help with my financial planning and (hopefully) alleviating some worry. I'm sure as my 322 days decrease, I'll get more and more crazy.

I will never be one of those people who go out & about in public doing the manufactured spending. I'm more into things like good reward cards for my current spending, good earnings rates on savings and other exciting things like that.

Oh, and stupid upcoming Halloween forced me to buy some candy corn and I ate too much of it. Man, bad...
Add another year, and relax :)

stlcole

Level 2 Member
Hey all,

I earned 1,000,000 miles on TWA/AA the hard way: short haul flights year after year. In fact, I never did get one of those 'new-fangled' AA Citibank cards. Needless to say, I was very illiterate about FF miles etc. Of course, that was at least one career ago. Also, I did have a rather huge collection of SPG, Membership Reward, and especially huge collection of DinersClub Club Rewards. Those lied fallow for many years, though I did get a nice second honeymoon, and lots of gift card redemptions from them. In fact, recently, I sold off my last 125,000 Membership Reward miles. Like I said, I was illiterate. Also, there were a bunch of years where income < obligations.

Now, income > obligations, my fico ~ 670 (due to balance usage), and I have a fair amount of time on my hands. I don't jones for fancy airplane flights or deluxe hotel accommodations. My family has only so many vacation days a year, and we like to -- don't gasp -- cruise. No one has really 'hacked' cruising (although I'm now pretty sharp at getting good fares).

So my interest is on the cash-back, save money side of this sport / hobby (and my interest has been greatly piqued by the DC ApplePay 10% 2X cash back). Currently, the biggest way I can improve the income > obligations equation is to get interest rates and card balances down asap. So besides the obvious 'watch what you spend your money on', what are the two or three best tools I can have in this hobby for my particular interest?

Last edited:

chener

Hey all, new member to these forums. Currently live in the Eastern PA area and have been an avid traveler for the past 5 years. I'm a moderately experienced frugal traveler and am always seeking ways to add to my skill set. Looking to network with those in my area not only to learn from others but also to share any tidbits of knowledge I've accumulated over the past several years. Please feel free to PM me!

A

all328

Hi Everyone. I am here to build up my AA account and save 200k points for my trip to South Africa next year in First.

SH1

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone, I'm spencerformiles. Currently in DC. New to miles/points and excited to learn about MS.

paliving

Hi,

I'm Patrick from Raleigh NC. I've been addicted to the points and miles game since graduating college 2 years ago. I've taken some great trips and learned a lot so far. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can here, as I diversify a little more with cash back cards and trying to save as much money as possible while paying of student loans and traveling as much as I can.

AGtravel

Level 2 Member
Hi I am AG and looking forward to learn and share all about points, miles and "almost" free travel !! Got 1 toddler and 1 infant - always looking to minimize the travel cost :)

Katie

Level 2 Member
I'm Katie, and I have to live several states away from my husband right now due to some unfortunate work/school circumstances. I like to use miles and points so we can afford to see each other every weekend!

Mroz

Hello all, Mroz from NJ. Collecting miles & points for 2 years. My goal is to discover an opportunity for the community, but I havn't been close on any angle!

D

Dan Aloma

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've been collecting points for a while, but hopefully I can help some other people out.

BenArp

Level 2 Member
My name is Benjamin. I live in San Diego and learned about the world of credit card bonuses and MS earlier this year. In December I'll be taking a honeymoon to Costa Rica largely paid for with points earned from this hobby.

HGF

Level 2 Member
Hi all,

I'm Brad and live in Chicago. I've been playing the game for 2 years now and have already collected and redeemed a few 100k points.

Jenn_No

Level 2 Member
Hi All, I recently attended TravelCon2 and learned lots! I have been collecting miles for a few planned trips - hope to take business class flight to Tokyo this summer. I also plan to get into other types of MS too... Slowly but surely!

Rick351714

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone, I've been on flyertalk for a couple years now and I am looking for a new place to learn and share ideas. Look forward to working with everyone here.

aerovol

Hi, my name is John and I'm from Nashville!

I've been "travel hacking" for a little over three years and have been able to visit a lot of unattainable places because of that!

I stumbled upon this site, and I'm looking forward to having another resource as well as hopefully be a resource to some members!

Any questions, please let me know! Thanks!

Debrae0322

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Debra, and I'm from Phoenix. I started collecting credit cards and points at the beginning of this year when I realized how much it was going to cost our family to go to Disney World next year. I'm learning so much along the way, and now we have three or four family trips planned for this coming year and next! I hope I can learn some new things here, plus pass along some knowledge.

justcallmeima

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Hilary, originally from AZ but now in North Jersey. I have been using credit cards off and on for years to get free flights here and there, but in May started in big time. My major goal is to go to Israel in 8 years. Also go home to AZ once a year and FL once a year - would love to Disney World January 2017!

Milestogo

Hi, I'm Judy, I'm a retired self employed person and I'm from beautiful San Juan Capistrano in California. When the Big Recession hit a client gave me the best advice I ever received. "The economy sucks and I can't do anything to improve it or my business, so I am going on vacation!" The more I thought about it the more sense it made and I started looking for ways to travel cheap or free and figure out how to retire when I just lost 60% of the value in my home, my savings and my business. Here I am 6 years later with 2,000,000 points and miles in my travel wallet, several exotic trips and wonderful adventures to other countries, and living near the beach planning my next adventure. It seems the worst times in my life became the best because I was forced to make changes that I would not have made if the money kept coming in. I am an old dog learning new tricks and using what I learn to improve my life.

Ted Nguyen

Level 2 Member
Hi. I am Ted from New Orleans and I'm learning the ropes of earning points. I hope to learn new things and share deals with y'all!

Bigmahalo

From HNL which seems to have far fewer options than most states. So far just have been doing the OM visa gift card when a fee waiver is offered. then off to WM and serve....
as others have written "i have a dream" of finding the next great technique....