IHG Priceless Surprises promotion

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I dropped the last of mine in the mail early this AM. Saturday mail movement is iffy where I live and Monday is too late. So, I'd say sooner is better.

Burgertm

Level 2 Member
I received about 40 emails this morning. Had sent in all of mine for that account quite some time ago and had only received about half of the emails offering me a reward until today. Now I'm at 91 of 94. Still missing 35 or so from my Wife's group of post cards. Hopefully, they'll arrive soon too.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I received about 40 emails this morning. Had sent in all of mine for that account quite some time ago and had only received about half of the emails offering me a reward until today. Now I'm at 91 of 94. Still missing 35 or so from my Wife's group of post cards. Hopefully, they'll arrive soon too.
I've been sending mine out in lots...though I did not start until 1/15 - so far, 50% return rate, hope that improves!

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Received my first batch today. I sent in about 80 and mailed them all the same time.
500 x 38
1,000 x 3
2,000 x 1
5,000 x 2

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
Got the rest of mine last night (around 70) and my wife got 35 of hers this morning. I sent off my wife's around 2 weeks ago. I sent off mine about 2 months ago. Getting 500 each but it is better than nothing.

Panache

Level 2 Member
Anyone know what happens if you click on the link 2 times? I got like 45 emails at once and I'm losing track of which one I already clicked on and I wonder if I click 2 times on the same link whether that will void the play?

swazzie

Level 2 Member
It won't void the play. If you have plays left, clicking the link will let you play again. If you don't, then the link will take you to the elevator page with the message stating that you don't have instant win chances.

Panache

Level 2 Member
Great! Netted 3x 1000 and 1x2000 points in 45 plays, guess the ones I mailed in Thursday still need to be processed. SO got about 51 K points with 1 x 5000 and 3x1000

They sure must have good OCR scanners to read all the messy handwriting.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Good point. Also important to note that the 15th is a holiday so probably need to get them in today or tomorrow.
Need help!

I have letters in my hand and went to the post office today. It's closed due to President's day. Should I still go ahead and post it or save stamps?

Jus

Level 2 Member
Need help!

I have letters in my hand and went to the post office today. It's closed due to President's day. Should I still go ahead and post it or save stamps?
Tough situation, there's a few on reddit that had same issue. I would have been on the same boat but realized on friday night and so was able to go Saturday and drop mine off. You could still goto a 24 hour USPS location and use the automated to send them and hope that they don't check or put a postmark on your envelopes. This more so if you've already spent the money on stamps, if you haven't bought them then its a judgement call if you want to risk the $50 or so for possibility of no gain

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Tough situation, there's a few on reddit that had same issue. I would have been on the same boat but realized on friday night and so was able to go Saturday and drop mine off. You could still goto a 24 hour USPS location and use the automated to send them and hope that they don't check or put a postmark on your envelopes. This more so if you've already spent the money on stamps, if you haven't bought them then its a judgement call if you want to risk the $50 or so for possibility of no gain
I have all the letters with stamps posted etc. With that I went to USPS and it was closed. I left few letters in the box there while I kept the rest with me, trying to look for ways to have it postmarked today. No dice. Not sure if I could get 24hr USPS near me.

Jus

Level 2 Member
I have all the letters with stamps posted etc. With that I went to USPS and it was closed. I left few letters in the box there while I kept the rest with me, trying to look for ways to have it postmarked today. No dice. Not sure if I could get 24hr USPS near me.
Well I only mentioned the 24 hour USPS if you didn't have the stamps. There are some airports that have a postoffice inside and they don't always follow the federal holidays, you could potentially look that up to see if you have one near you like that. Otherwise it maybe worth the gamble to drop it in the box and hope that they don't post mark the envelopes at all in which case no harm no foul as long as they receive them by 2/22/16 or that the temps they probably hired to go through this overlook this and you still win out.

If I were you since you've already spent the money, I would roll the dice and see where it lands

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Well I only mentioned the 24 hour USPS if you didn't have the stamps. There are some airports that have a postoffice inside and they don't always follow the federal holidays, you could potentially look that up to see if you have one near you like that. Otherwise it maybe worth the gamble to drop it in the box and hope that they don't post mark the envelopes at all in which case no harm no foul as long as they receive them by 2/22/16 or that the temps they probably hired to go through this overlook this and you still win out.

If I were you since you've already spent the money, I would roll the dice and see where it lands
Yes, did the same....fingers crossed!

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I mailed my entries in two batches - Feb 12 and 13. Got one email today. 500 points. Hoping this is the start of something good!

newtoca

Level 2 Member
Anyone know what happens if you click on the link 2 times? I got like 45 emails at once and I'm losing track of which one I already clicked on and I wonder if I click 2 times on the same link whether that will void the play?
I just used the first email and keep clicking the same link till I get the "We love your enthusiasm" message. You do not need to keep track of what email you are on, the point posted just fine in my case.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Interestingly I earned all of the better bonuses in the first 30 that I opened. The other 64 that I opened later were only 500s made me think all the good prizes were already gone.

AnotherGradStudent

Level 2 Member
I spent part of valentine's day with my BF filling out entries for these, since we found a sunday-hours post office in BOS and he was about 40 short. So ~romantic~. The best part, though, is that from the first batch of 20 he sent in (second batch was mailed later, but before this trip), he'd gotten >30 entries *back*.

I wonder if IHG is ever going to run something like this again. I hope they do! My writing hand is much stronger, now.

newtoca

Level 2 Member
Interestingly I earned all of the better bonuses in the first 30 that I opened. The other 64 that I opened later were only 500s made me think all the good prizes were already gone.
The big prizes (5k,2k,1k, $50 gc etc) are capped at 5 so it doesn't matter what order you receive open the emails.

SOC 787

Flight Club
this was a great promo... very happy w/the results as well as how it was handled by helloworld!

I havent gotten all of my gameplays yet, but I'm hopeful they will be sorted out before the play deadline.

The big prizes (5k,2k,1k, $50 gc etc) are capped at 5 so it doesn't matter what order you receive open the emails.
does that include all the *big* prizes: euro & nyc trips, ihg sponsored sports events and the free nights or even the million ihg points bonanza?

say for example I got 2x 1k, 2k, 5k, $50 MCGC which is a total of 5 of the non-500 prizes, does that mean I got no chance for any of the *higher* level prizes?

newtoca

Level 2 Member
does that include all the *big* prizes: euro & nyc trips, ihg sponsored sports events and the free nights or even the million ihg points bonanza?

say for example I got 2x 1k, 2k, 5k, $50 MCGC which is a total of 5 of the non-500 prizes, does that mean I got no chance for any of the *higher* level prizes?
exactly, and there are numerous datapoints on Flyertalk confirming the same. You also don't have to open a new email each time/ keep track of what email you are on, you can just open the link from one email and keep refreshing the link and play to receive points, I did exactly this and all my points have posted.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
70 entries received to date.

3 - 2,000
2- 1,000

Rest 500

The 5 entries with the larger bonuses were each on a different floor - 6, 5, 3, 4, 2. It's probably the same prize no matter what floor you choose, but I thought it was interesting.

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
I sent in for myself and my husband. I got 77 of my 94 and hubby got 0. We have tickets into helloworld. They keep promising help in 3 business days.

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
Ok I got all the missing entries this morning. They sent me 17 emails for my missing entries but did something different for my husband. They sent a link through a customer service response email and said it was loaded with all 94 entries. I just got done using the link and as they promised, he received all 94 entries.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
70 entries received to date.

3 - 2,000
2- 1,000

Rest 500

The 5 entries with the larger bonuses were each on a different floor - 6, 5, 3, 4, 2. It's probably the same prize no matter what floor you choose, but I thought it was interesting.
The floor definitely does not matter. Before you choose a floor, you can view the page source code and already see the prize you won in text.