IHG Priceless Surprises promotion

TravMomof2

Silver Member
I had 3 stays that got 1000 points each then I sent in 91 envelopes (actually I think I may have stopped at 90 for some reason). I sent them in batches (10, 14, 20, 5, etc.). I started early December and I've received about 15 emails so far resulting in about 9000 points (excluding the 3000 points from my actual stays). It took about 6 weeks or so to get my first email. They are just now starting to pour in. I got 12 this morning (7000 points). I would love to get a free night! That would be awesome too! I'm also very happy with the appx 50,000 points I expect to get (good for a free night stay any way). I have 2 free nights from their other promo (2 stays, 1 free night) so this will make 3 free nights to use this year. I'm happy with that.

I'm debating on doing the envelopes for my husband as well now that I'm getting the emails. I just don't know if my hand can take another round! Thinking about it, I think it's worth it though...

crsoccerguy

Level 2 Member
My wife wrote out and mailed 94 entries for both of us on Jan 9th. On Sun Jan 24th she received 41 emails resulting in 25,000 points. On Mon Jan 25th she received 53 more emails resulting in 26,000 points for a total of 51,000 points. Got 2-2,ooo and 2-1,000 prizes. I received 98 emails yesterday also resulting in 49,500 points. Got 2-2,000 and 3-1,000 prizes. After I opened the 94th email I got a message saying I had reached the limit and it sent me to the reservation booking page to earn more points for stays. Great promotion!

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
I got 14 emails last night with one being 2000. Another today. Sent off sometime in December.
I also sent off 94 envelopes for the wife today. I like this promo.

suljaga13

Level 2 Member
Mailed all 94 entries on 1-22, today 1-29 opened my email, and I see 92 emails fro Ihg. I get 2 x 5,000. , 3 x 1,000 and 87 x 500 points. Total of 56,500 points for 92 entries. Not too shaby for $50. Seems that they picking up the speed on this promo.

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
I just bought all the supplies yesterday for this. #procrastinator :D
Do the scan trick. It saves your hand.
I wrote out 5, scanned them, cleaned them up a little in Photoshop, then printed 19 of each.
Though I also did it the hard way with my first set.

Ken S

Any one send in more than 94 cards or get more than 94 e-mail entries back? Just curious if they are actively tracking this.?

spascarella

Sent in 94 entries over a week or two while watching the Bowl games in December. Got back all 94 emails 10 days ago with the following results: 89 500 Points, 1 1,000, 3 2,000 and 1 5,000 for 56,500 total. I'm good with that.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
they aren't checking MasterCard digits are they? I wrote down 546655 which 55 isn't on any card linked to me. It was an error I figured out after I had done 50 cards and sealed them.

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
You should be safe unless you win a major prize. If that happens you can just explain what happened. They are not looking at Mastercard digits to make sure they match up.

kingabraham3

Level 2 Member
they aren't checking MasterCard digits are they? I wrote down 546655 which 55 isn't on any card linked to me. It was an error I figured out after I had done 50 cards and sealed them.
it doesn't have to be your own mastercard (just any) so it's possible that it matches up with someone else's card (which is fine). or as you say, they may just not be bothering to check that part.

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
It is taking some people a while to get their emails, and for some people the emails come in spurts. I've only gotten about 20 emails and I sent them off before Christmas. Of course I put my second batch in the mail today. Just be patient.

Mark Pepper

Mailed 94 cards, and 10 days later, I received 89 emails, that onced I click-through, earned 52,500 points. Of course, the next week, IHG devalued their points.

To make it easy, I wrote out the required details on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, and then copied it onto perforated 3x5 cards (3 to a sheet), It made the process that much easier.

Hplx32

Since my last post I've received another 25...it's been in random spurts...but a couple of 1,000 pointers...although like Mark mentioned...there was the devalue :(

Mark Pepper

You have to wonder how the corporate ivory tower guys make their decisions. They announce a contest where most of figured out that we can get a free night at an upper tier hotel for 50k. Then, within weeks, they devalue that, and slip in a February 17th date in which you need to book under the old award rate. The problem is that IHG says it takes 2-3 weeks to post the points, and for many of us, that means we won't be able to use them pre-devaluation.

Left hand not talking to the right hand at the IHG ivory tower.

Mark Pepper

Opps.... I stand corrected. I just noticed that the IHG points were deposited within a week of receiving the emails and playing the elevator game. So that's encouraging for anyone else who's at a similar point in the contest.

Risk

Level 2 Member
I am just starting writing my cards. Has anyone received prizes despite illegible hand-writing? I have some ambiguity in my handwritten email address and hope that they will just match my account number.

R.R.

Level 2 Member
Sent 80 entries for me, and 80 for spouse. About half the emails have been received. Good winnings so far:

Me:
500 x 62 = 31,000
1000 x 2 = 2000
2000 x 1 = 2000
5000 x 2 = 10,000

Spouse:
500 x 25 = 12,500
1000 x 2 = 2000
2000 x 2 = 4000
5000 x 1 = 5000

Later mailings will hopefully receive emails soon :)

SOC 787

Flight Club
Do the scan trick. It saves your hand.
I wrote out 5, scanned them, cleaned them up a little in Photoshop, then printed 19 of each.
Though I also did it the hard way with my first set.
how exactly did you print them? that's the part that's tripping me out... did you scan one at a time to get that 'perfect' size so that when you try to print the PDF the dimensions are auto set to print onto an index card?

Risk

Level 2 Member
Can IHG run out of the prizes before the deadline? If they have underestimated the flow of handwritten submission, the number of awards must be limited.

kingabraham3

Level 2 Member
Can IHG run out of the prizes before the deadline? If they have underestimated the flow of handwritten submission, the number of awards must be limited.
all the non-points prizes are limited, and won't run out because they are won at randomly generated times. So basically their liability in the overflow scenario is giving everyone ~50K points. If that actually becomes a burden for their bottom line (unlikely), they'll just devalue their points (again).

Risk

Level 2 Member
all the non-points prizes are limited, and won't run out because they are won at randomly generated times.
Are the non-point prizes expensive packages? If IHG generates them at random times, it means that those who have already received their 94 responses will not participate in future drawings. Hopefully, random generation of prizes will last until the last day.

So basically their liability in the overflow scenario is giving everyone ~50K points. If that actually becomes a burden for their bottom line (unlikely), they'll just devalue their points (again).
So they could run out of expensive prizes and just give 500 points per letter to the rest of us?

kingabraham3

Level 2 Member
Are the non-point prizes expensive packages? If IHG generates them at random times, it means that those who have already received their 94 responses will not participate in future drawings. Hopefully, random generation of prizes will last until the last day.
probably read through the rules here to get a better understanding of how the contest works. the short summary is they already thought of the scenario you're talking about and built the rules to account for it.

So they could run out of expensive prizes and just give 500 points per letter to the rest of us?
you'd still be eligible for the larger point prizes as long as you haven't won 5 group A or B prizes.