Citi Executive Card

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
Totally agree, for everyone. The music will eventually stop. I'm T-minus 7 days till my next round.
I'm probably more optimistic than most it looks like there are a few FTers have links that they aren't posting. I imagine some talking nice and messaging them and they will caugh one up.

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
It would be even better, if we formulate ideas on how to find links. I don't mind hiring a freelancer to put together a spider to find some, but would need some routes to explore.
I don't follow but I'm in, only because it sounds like something out of the matrix.

DL172

Level 2 Member
I don't follow but I'm in, only because it sounds like something out of the matrix.
So I bet many of us can agree there are other links out there. However, you can't just search google for "Churnable Citi Exec Links", clearly google wouldn't return any results. However, these sites can still be found by looking for a host of different data points on the pages we know about. It really wouldn't be that hard to generate a bunch of links. I'm in China, so I don't have the time right now to put together some queries. I don't see any harm in posting these links on saverocity Level 2. Trust me, they wouldn't be that hard to find if they exist. To limit it, perhaps we can put up a charity wall. Want $1000s in miles, fine donate to the Westboro Baptist Church. (Joke)

damanjeff6

Level 2 Member
"We are pleased to inform you that as a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard® cardmember you are now eligible to receive a statement credit, of up to $100 every five years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓."
Now we get a free TSA Precheck each time we get another card! :)

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
Strange thing just happened. I applied for another Exec card at the end of April (my third one open at the moment). I was approved after waiting out the "pending" stage. I just logged in online and saw that they have lowered my CL from my first Exec (opened last May '14) from 10,500 to 5,000. I wonder if this was done as part of the approval of my latest card?

Andres

Level 2 Member
Strange thing just happened. I applied for another Exec card at the end of April (my third one open at the moment). I was approved after waiting out the "pending" stage. I just logged in online and saw that they have lowered my CL from my first Exec (opened last May '14) from 10,500 to 5,000. I wonder if this was done as part of the approval of my latest card?
Or maybe they already know the drill and lowered the CL to 5k as we all do ;)

KennyBSAT

Staff member
No big deal. We've only reduced CLs a couple times. It might get you an extra instant approval but that's it. Timeline on our latest (Bonnie's 10th):
4/29 applied, pending with the 'please call' message. We never called.
5/6 approved $7K CL.
5/7 card arrived.
5/8 spending met.
5/12 statement closed, reflects 55,022 miles posted and no AF.

Lots of fun!

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
No big deal. We've only reduced CLs a couple times. It might get you an extra instant approval but that's it. Timeline on our latest (Bonnie's 10th):
4/29 applied, pending with the 'please call' message. We never called.
5/6 approved $7K CL.
5/7 card arrived.
5/8 spending met.
5/12 statement closed, reflects 55,022 miles posted and no AF.

Lots of fun!
Are you adding in other cards into your app routine? This and the Alaska cards are the only ones I've done this year.... I'm not sure if I have have room for more....?

I just get too lazy with this one and run the min spend through PayPal/GW :cool:

KennyBSAT

Staff member
Um yeah, I opened 7 cards in the last 6 weeks and only two were Citi. Too many AA miles and not enough cashback for us, so I'm trying to fix that.

Toni Perkins

Level 2 Member
So, I tried clicking on the last link in FT for the exec and kept getting the dreaded "page doesn't exist" message. I tried the only other link and saw the 18 month wording. Decided to try my luck and well, my luck has dried up. Unless I'm missing something, I think the exec deal may finally be done. Is this old news? I haven't been able to find anything about it. First Redbird and now the exec. What a month!

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
So, I tried clicking on the last link in FT for the exec and kept getting the dreaded "page doesn't exist" message. I tried the only other link and saw the 18 month wording. Decided to try my luck and well, my luck has dried up. Unless I'm missing something, I think the exec deal may finally be done. Is this old news? I haven't been able to find anything about it. First Redbird and now the exec. What a month!
Option 7 still works.....

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Newest card just arrived today used Option 7. Applied on 5/16. Date of next statement as shown online is tomorrow - 5/22! No annual fee posted yet luckily.

What should my plan of attack be? I assume even if I make a purchase today that it won't post overnight.

Thanks! Posted on FT - and was told I should be ok..but I know this is where the experts are. :)

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
Newest card just arrived today used Option 7. Applied on 5/16. Date of next statement as shown online is tomorrow - 5/22! No annual fee posted yet luckily.

What should my plan of attack be? I assume even if I make a purchase today that it won't post overnight.

Thanks! Posted on FT - and was told I should be ok..but I know this is where the experts are. :)
I had that happen on the last card. I blasted $4,850 through PayPal the day before closing and it posted by closing the next day. Miles were in the account a day later without even paying the balance.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Thank you! So if minimum amount due of $0 is tomorrow - when is the actual closing date?

I called - was told the next statement will close on 5/26. Wish Simon Mall purchases would post more quickly.

Last edited:

ralf83

Level 2 Member
The last card Exec card I opened only had four days in the first billing cycle. I received a statement but the AF didnt post until the next one. Close call but still churning.

Too Nashty

Level 2 Member
The last card Exec card I opened only had four days in the first billing cycle. I received a statement but the AF didnt post until the next one. Close call but still churning.
Why is it a close call? I run my Execs until 30 days after the annual fee hits before I cancel. I like to enjoy my free month at the Admirals Lounge :)

ralf83

Level 2 Member
Why is it a close call? I run my Execs until 30 days after the annual fee hits before I cancel. I like to enjoy my free month at the Admirals Lounge :)
I get nervous I'll forget or something. Plus I already have one that citi
gave me a $350 statement credit on as a retention bonus. What a keeper.

GordonBombay

Level 2 Member
I’ve got an interesting question that I haven’t seen asked on here or FT. I’ve got a couple of Exec cards and applied for Global Entry on 5/15, but the $100 reimbursement hasn’t posted to my account yet. I’m nearing the cancellation dates on both cards to avoid the annual fee. Anyone have any experience cancelling an Exec card and still getting the $100 Global Entry reimbursement? What about downgrading to the Bronze MC with no AF? Global Entry reimbursement isn’t a benefit of that card, but if it’s charged to the Exec card and then you do a product change, it seems like it could still work…?

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I’ve got an interesting question that I haven’t seen asked on here or FT. I’ve got a couple of Exec cards and applied for Global Entry on 5/15, but the $100 reimbursement hasn’t posted to my account yet. I’m nearing the cancellation dates on both cards to avoid the annual fee. Anyone have any experience cancelling an Exec card and still getting the $100 Global Entry reimbursement? What about downgrading to the Bronze MC with no AF? Global Entry reimbursement isn’t a benefit of that card, but if it’s charged to the Exec card and then you do a product change, it seems like it could still work…?
Used GE May 18, no reimbursement yet either. Need to cancel card also - hope someone has a data point.

Tyler2

Level 2 Member
Opened four accounts across family members recently. First account did not do global entry, second account did global entry the day before first statement close and the credit appeared the date that the first statement closed and the annual fee appeared. Third and fourth cards still waiting for the first statement to close. From my small data set, I'd assume that the fee re-imbursement appears at statement closing.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Opened four accounts across family members recently. First account did not do global entry, second account did global entry the day before first statement close and the credit appeared the date that the first statement closed and the annual fee appeared. Third and fourth cards still waiting for the first statement to close. From my small data set, I'd assume that the fee re-imbursement appears at statement closing.
Thank you!

GordonBombay

Level 2 Member
I'd assume that the fee re-imbursement appears at statement closing.
I can confirm this is accurate. One of my Exec cards cards closed 6/2 and the GE fee was reimbursed on the closing date. It wasn't showing yesterday but today I logged in and it showed reimbursement on 6/2.