AMEX Business Platinum 100K and 150K offers

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
He then started asking questions. Lots of questions....what does the business do, where do you plan on spending, what is the transaction size, how much per month? The questioning didn't seem to have an end in sight so to get him off the phone, I told him I had another call I had to take.

He asked if he could call me later and when. WTF!!?? I plan on brushing him off or not answering the phone all together. My wife just got the same card and didn't have any such questions.
Interesting, and good to know to be ready for that. I wouldn't have expected it on a card activation call.

My wife just got a targeted biz 150k for $5k spend offer in the mail the other day that I plan on going for, so I'll be prepared for this when I activate.

EDIT: should have been $15k. 100k MR after $5k spend, additional 50k MR after additional $10k spend.

Last edited:

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Shortly after receiving my card, I called the 800 number to activate. An agent came on and and went through the usual motions. He confirmed the 150K point offer.

He then started asking questions. Lots of questions....what does the business do, where do you plan on spending, what is the transaction size, how much per month? The questioning didn't seem to have an end in sight so to get him off the phone, I told him I had another call I had to take.

He asked if he could call me later and when. WTF!!?? I plan on brushing him off or not answering the phone all together. My wife just got the same card and didn't have any such questions.
That happened to me too, those same questions. He asked me how much per month I planned to spend and I was like $2000/month. He goes on to tell me how would I meet the high MSR so I said I have a "few" business expenditures that's coming up that's not included in the monthly spend

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
That happened to me too, those same questions. He asked me how much per month I planned to spend and I was like $2000/month. He goes on to tell me how would I meet the high MSR so I said I have a "few" business expenditures that's coming up that's not included in the monthly spend
MSR?

RRD

Level 2 Member
I went thru the same grilling as posted above, when applying for the card over the phone.

On a side note, this has been answered before but I am still unsure and don't want to mess up and not get the 150k bonus - Serve loads still count towards minimum spend (even for the AMEx Platinum) but do not earn points, is that correct?

redbirdsj

Level 2 Member
Shortly after receiving my card, I called the 800 number to activate. An agent came on and and went through the usual motions. He confirmed the 150K point offer.

This is the standard procedure when activating the card. It's a marketing attempt to get you to think about all your expenses and to show you if you put them on the card, you'll earn an extra X rewards per year! It's a script and it's not like the person is analyzing your answers. I had one agent tell me I should be putting my business's debt payments on the card to earn more points!

nashharley

Level 2 Member
i'm looking as well. there appear to be several available on the dan's deals forums. the "lifetime language" offers seem to be fetching $20 or less, while the "no language" offers are for sale for as high as $999.