AMEX Business Platinum 100K and 150K offers

satz

Level 2 Member
Over the last 2 weeks, people have reported on FT and on DoC's blog that the method of calling and asking for the 100k offer to work again!

satz

Level 2 Member
I used someone else's RSVP from here who kindly gave it to me last month. However, I did just try for my SO and it took 5-6 calls. The first 5 asked for RSVP and could not do anything without it. The last one was kind enough to ask for the name and address and said that he would look for current offers then found the 100k one.

The key is for the rep to be able/willing to look for an offer and s/he should be able to find it, it seems. I am not sure whether the ones who say they cannot do anything without a RSVP code really cannot or don't bother to try.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
The key is for the rep to be able/willing to look for an offer and s/he should be able to find it, it seems. I am not sure whether the ones who say they cannot do anything without a RSVP code really cannot or don't bother to try.
Maybe they get credit for the number of accounts they successfully open and looking for an offer takes extra time....

So they found an offer using your name/address, or the name/address of the person who gave you the code?

satz

Level 2 Member
The rep asks you for your name and address of the business so s/he can look. Most people call and use the excuse of "I had an RSVP but it expired/I lost it." That's why the follow-up question is "What's the name and business address, so that I can look?"

Obviously, they won't find anything but they should be able to find and offer you a publicly (?) available offer of 100k.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
I used someone else's RSVP from here who kindly gave it to me last month.
So, no troubles with using someone else's code? I had read a few months ago that some had mixed results when they used someone else's code.

satz

Level 2 Member
I think that for Business cards, it should be fine. Yes, no troubles.

For personal cards, I think it's a no-no.

sound48

Level 2 Member
Interesting, has anyone here tried it?
I did a few weeks ago, worked on my first phone call. Got a really nice agent, kept to the same script as has been pointed out before for getting the offer, and after 5 minutes of small talk was offered a 100k offer. Was approved over the phone after all my info was taken down for the app.

sound48

Level 2 Member
I used someone else's RSVP from here who kindly gave it to me last month. However, I did just try for my SO and it took 5-6 calls. The first 5 asked for RSVP and could not do anything without it. The last one was kind enough to ask for the name and address and said that he would look for current offers then found the 100k one.

That's pretty much how my call went. Said I had the rsvp code (same one everyone else has tried to use) but it had expired. The rep looked for the offer, and eventually came back with a "similar" offer which was the exact same offer after a few minutes of looking.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
My husband recently got a CITI Bus AAdvantage card for his very small consulting side business (50K miles for $3K spend). Instant approval. I was really surprised he got it so easily. Do the 100K and 150K offers get approved for small fry too, or do they expect more significant bus income for the bigger promos?

sound48

Level 2 Member
My husband recently got a CITI Bus AAdvantage card for his very small consulting side business (50K miles for $3K spend). Instant approval. I was really surprised he got it so easily. Do the 100K and 150K offers get approved for small fry too, or do they expect more significant bus income for the bigger promos?
I'm definitely a small fry and no problems. It's a legitimate business, but only been around since August with about 10k in revenue. I know sometimes Chase can be more of a stickler but no issues with Amex for me.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
I am on the phone with Amex now. Success on the third call. On the first two calls, they searched by mailing address and said they could not offer anything. Drawing inspiration from the above, I called a third time and stuck to the script, and rep named Bill said, "You'd be surprised how often that happens. Actually my call just before this was in the same situation." Then he searched by address, said nothing showed but that he could search for a "goodwill offer" and was excited to inform me that he could offer the same terms: 100k/$10k business platinum.

Last edited:

cal1152

Level 2 Member
I just got off the phone with Amex applying for the Platinum Biz card. Just used the Amex business number, and script, (didn't have a RSVP #), first call, and got approved for the 100k offer with 10k minimum spend. So it's still working!

kampung

Level 2 Member
Did anyone who successfully applied for the Platinum have an existing Amex Business Rewards Gold card? Wondering what are the chances of them approving the Platinum since i just received the Amex BRG 2 months ago. And what reason to give for wanting another biz charge card?

grebel

Level 2 Member
Did anyone who successfully applied for the Platinum have an existing Amex Business Rewards Gold card? Wondering what are the chances of them approving the Platinum since i just received the Amex BRG 2 months ago. And what reason to give for wanting another biz charge card?
Easy - you need to keep expenses separate for different aspects of your business. I just called in this morning for a platinum, and its pending. I got a Business Gold in January.

As a datapoint, a good friend of our families owns and rents property. She keeps a separate credit card for every house she rents.... So this isn't some wierd idea to keep accounts separate and the Amex rep didn't bat an eye when I used a similar explanation for my own real estate ventures.

Kenme111

Level 2 Member
There is an active 1o0k point offer for $10k spend with another 50k points after an addtional $10k in spend. Total of 170k MR points for $20k spend within three months.

mawmaw

Level 2 Member
if you have extra 75k MR i will take them;) 75k bonus points after 5k spend is the best offer for the BGR card!!!

grebel

Level 2 Member
The 150k offer must be called in. Got it for both my wife and me. Its currently being shared on one of the populare public Forums. (are we allowed to refer to what's on other websites like Flyertalk or DansDeals?)

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
The 150k offer must be called in. Got it for both my wife and me. Its currently being shared on one of the populare public Forums. (are we allowed to refer to what's on other websites like Flyertalk or DansDeals?)
I think that is OK, but if you prefer and are willing to share, could you DM me with the info? If so, much appreciated. If not, not to worry. Thanks!

grebel

Level 2 Member
Over on DanDeals.com in the credit card forum. There is a post about a 150k MR deal. Basically you have to PM the guy who is handing out the phone RSVP. I did it a couple weeks ago, but that code died already. There is a new code being handed out and it seems to be active from people's posts. Someone said its valid through May 15th, but the last code(the one I used) died a week or two before its official date. I'm guessing Amex pulls the plug as soon as they realize people are sharing these.

Good luck! Its a high spend, but for a ton of MR points. Thank god for Redcard.

RRD

Level 2 Member
Over on DanDeals.com in the credit card forum. There is a post about a 150k MR deal. Basically you have to PM the guy who is handing out the phone RSVP. I did it a couple weeks ago, but that code died already. There is a new code being handed out and it seems to be active from people's posts. Someone said its valid through May 15th, but the last code(the one I used) died a week or two before its official date. I'm guessing Amex pulls the plug as soon as they realize people are sharing these.

Good luck! Its a high spend, but for a ton of MR points. Thank god for Redcard.
Did this using your instructions and it worked like a charm - thanks much.

grebel

Level 2 Member
Glad it worked out... If Redcard shuts down tomorrow, I'm gonna be buying Money orders like their going out of fashion!

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Hopefully you all avoid the colorful FRs. My legitimate business revenue isn't enough to support spending $20k that quickly. I would think it would raise some flags, but then again, a lot of people get away with it.

If I didn't get a BRG/75k in Feb, I would jump all over the 150k offer despite my hesitations about spending that much in a short time.

redbirdsj

Level 2 Member
Anyone know of Amex application limits (e.g. similar to the Citi 8/65 rule)? I got a biz and personal in early April and want to jump on the 150k biz offer.

Last edited:

NCSU2002

Level 2 Member
Easy - you need to keep expenses separate for different aspects of your business. I just called in this morning for a platinum, and its pending. I got a Business Gold in January.

As a datapoint, a good friend of our families owns and rents property. She keeps a separate credit card for every house she rents.... So this isn't some wierd idea to keep accounts separate and the Amex rep didn't bat an eye when I used a similar explanation for my own real estate ventures.
As a follow up to this...has anyone had the
business plat and applied for a 2nd? Would like to strike on the 150k offer but I currently have the bizz plat

grebel

Level 2 Member
I've heard it isn't a problem if you have actual different businesses. May be hard if its 2 sole proprietorships

NCSU2002

Level 2 Member
I might as well give it a shot...going to be a sole prop but I am a long standing Amex cardholder so let's swing for the fences

nrdk

Level 2 Member
Eh, love the idea but not sure I'm comfortable with 'poking the bear' and essentially looking for a FR.

littlenemo

Laughing Coffin Member
Shortly after receiving my card, I called the 800 number to activate. An agent came on and and went through the usual motions. He confirmed the 150K point offer.

He then started asking questions. Lots of questions....what does the business do, where do you plan on spending, what is the transaction size, how much per month? The questioning didn't seem to have an end in sight so to get him off the phone, I told him I had another call I had to take.

He asked if he could call me later and when. WTF!!?? I plan on brushing him off or not answering the phone all together. My wife just got the same card and didn't have any such questions.