AMEX Business Platinum 100K and 150K offers

stvr

$20,000 spend for 150,000 points. Seems like a lot of spend in 3 months, though I know you all have your ways.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I hear that hitting $20k is tough with these guys, but if you have genuine expenses coming up its a great offer.

I got one at 100k back in the day.

It's worth it if you want points, but if you are buying a code then how much is it worth to you is a more complicated equation.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
You can get a 100K offer without needing eBay. I did this (and am working on the minimum spend right now :))

The info is taken from Flyertalk, so all credit goes to the OP there. This offer is for 100K MR after spending $10K in 3 months.

1. Call 1-800-971-6736

2. Chose option #1, "Apply for a new card"

3. Indicate you’d like to apply for the platinum business card, you had an offer that expired, but you’re wondering if it’s still possible. You unfortunately no longer have the offer, but it was for 100K MR after spending $10K.

4. See if the agent extends you a courtesy offer for the same terms. If not, politely hang up and call back. :)

Good luck!

F

Fuerza

Will that work for a personal card? I just hit my PRG annual spending bonus. I might sock drawer the card till next year and would like a platinum card.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I was able to call ... they offered the 100K to me. The 800-number is business. Does anyone know the number for personal consumer?

Separately, What's the "better product:" Personal or Biz? Or Gold instead?

Last edited:

Alex1432

Level 2 Member
I was able to call ... they offered the 100K to me. The 800-number is business. Does anyone know the number for personal consumer?

Platinum business and personal are pretty much the same in terms of benefits. The business one does give you access to open savings if that's important to you.

Gold is a better card if you want to earn more points but the benefits aren't nearly as good. I personally have the platinum and my so has the gold on which I am an authorized user. We put most spending on the gold and just use the platinum for benefits. But this is a pricy way of doing things so make sure it works for you.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Are there tips on how to maximize the $200 travel statement credits? I assume frequent travelers can easily use up the credits, but what about the infrequent fliers?

asthejoeflies

Staff member
But make sure you check which ones will reimburse you. Off the top of my head, I know AA does (because I did it), and I think Delta does if the e-cert is $50 or less. United used to but not sure they do anymore, US Airways does but you need to pay a shipping fee, double check for sure before you choose an airline.

farbster

Level 2 Member
There is a pretty good bunch of threads on FT that discuss the airlines that credit against gift card purchases. Don't forget to get your global entry and make use of the discounts ($5 off from some store if you buy $25 etc.)

PedroNY

Level 2 Member
Are there tips on how to maximize the $200 travel statement credits? I assume frequent travelers can easily use up the credits, but what about the infrequent fliers?
Do it this year, and then again in January 2015, so you get $400 of free airline travel. Get your Global Entry $100, Get you SPG Gold Status, Boingo Internet for year... close the card ;)

Am I the only crazy person who would redeem these 170,000 MR points (after $20,000 spend) for Home Depot GCs and get a new washer and dryer during a Black Friday sale? I know that is only $.01 per point, so that's probably not the most optimal use of these points... but let's say I have plenty of miles at this point.

Cheers,

PedroNY

richklhs

Level 2 Member

What's the min spend on your offer? My hands are tied living in Tokyo with what I can MS, unfortunately

BrianMizzou

Level 2 Member
Per FT, CardMatch is matching some individuals to 100K Amex Personal Plat card and/or the 50K PRG. I, unfortunately, was not matched but it may be worth checking as 100K is a very nice bonus that seldom comes around.

rachael

Level 2 Member
I just received the offer: 75,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5000 from the mail today. I was't sure if this is a good offer, comparing to the 100k but spending $10,000.
One benefit that I was not aware of this platinum card is 20% Travel Bonus: Use Membership Rewards Pay with points and get 20% of those points back as a credit to your membership reward account when you book travel through amextravel.com (It's kind of similar to chase ink ultimate rewards.)
Any thoughts?

wazupchris

Level 2 Member
I just received the offer: 75,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5000 from the mail today. I was't sure if this is a good offer, comparing to the 100k but spending $10,000.
One benefit that I was not aware of this platinum card is 20% Travel Bonus: Use Membership Rewards Pay with points and get 20% of those points back as a credit to your membership reward account when you book travel through amextravel.com (It's kind of similar to chase ink ultimate rewards.)
Any thoughts?
I received the same offer by mail two days ago. 75k after $5k.

pillow25

Level 2 Member
So my friend received the offer code for the 100k AmEx Business Platinum but won't use the code. Can I use the code for myself and receive the same bonus?

pillow25

Level 2 Member
The 150k is something I have never seen online or in the mail. The 100k offer has several versions of spend and usually targeted. Although if you get someone else's code, I think you can use it for yourself.

sriki

Level 2 Member
I'm wondering if a little googling will help find an online offer for the same thing. With my business expenditures, I think I may be able to hit this card hard :)
A while ago, I looked and came up with nothing. Good luck to you. Drop a hint or two if you find anything useful.

Imagvir

Level 2 Member
I don't think googling will help. eBay is your best bet. Though I do happen to have a business platinum 100k offer with $10,000 spend that's good until January 30th.PM if you're interested.

Patrickthetiger

Level 2 Member
I have TWO AMEX Platinum targeted invite codes available (PM me). I used another one to sign myself up last month. The $10k minimum spending was easy to hit, thanks to Redbird!

EDIT: They've both been claimed. I will be sure to post if I come across any other offers.

Last edited:

Patrickthetiger

Level 2 Member
You can apply online with a targeted mail offer (open dot com/getplatinum) using the referral code and the ZIP. It is just more straightforward that calling in and having to flex some social engineering.

fordman85

Just to add a Data Point Here. I had someone get the offer and they had no interest in it. I tried using their code online and had issues with the application. When I called it in, the CSR called me out on it and said that the reservation code was not meant for me and didn't allow me to proceed with the application with that offer code.

Perhaps someone with uber strong Social Engineering skills can get around it.

satz

Level 2 Member
Why do you guys need the targeted mailed offers? Is the call in method dead?
Per the FT thread, unfortunately since the beginning of January, the call in method died. It seems that they caught on the trick and plugged the hole.

You can apply online with a targeted mail offer (open dot com/getplatinum) using the referral code and the ZIP. It is just more straightforward that calling in and having to flex some social engineering.
Got one of the two offers, thanks again!

Just to add a Data Point Here. I had someone get the offer and they had no interest in it. I tried using their code online and had issues with the application. When I called it in, the CSR called me out on it and said that the reservation code was not meant for me and didn't allow me to proceed with the application with that offer code.

Perhaps someone with uber strong Social Engineering skills can get around it.
I used an offer I was not targeted and after entering the RSVP code and zip, the application was pre-filled with the targeted business' info. I just replaced those with my info and submitted the app. Was instantly approved.

fordman85

I had seen the other persons information put in there for me and it made me a little nervous. I thought about putting my information in but got skiddish thinking there would be a problem at the end of the app.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
When I tried a targeted 75K offer that came to a business name at our address a few months ago, I couldn't successfully get the app to change the pre-filled info. Don't remember which browser I was in; maybe that was an issue. I tried a few times and gave up.

fordman85

There's an idea. I've read enough forums to have learned sometimes one browser gives you more abilities than others. Google Chrome seems to be a popular one, especially when it comes to trying to get a specific Amex signup offer I recall reading.