100K Amex Plat Personal

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Thanks, Matt. I got the "Would you like to order another card?" page and knew I was in. Added Husband as AU.

I'm AU on the Citi Prestige that had the 100K, he can be on this one. :D

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
Thanks, Matt. I got the "Would you like to order another card?" page and knew I was in. Added Husband as AU.

I'm AU on the Citi Prestige that had the 100K, he can be on this one. :D
Is the AU worth it at $175 a pop? Especially if he has the Prestige (and therefore Global Entry)?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
We frequently travel by ourselves on one or even both legs of a trip. I would want him to be able to make use of the Centurion lounge, if there is one, and I'm not there.

Renee

N0rthernbelle
Got It!
I just opened 2 new cards last week, including the no AF AMEX HHonors, so I am pleasantly surprised to get an instant approval for another Amex card so soon after!)
Thanks Matt!

User2016

Level 2 Member
I personally think this offer came in lil too early for folks who like me are thinking about cancelling after reaping the benefits. 175$ AU is not worth it if you have other cards that provide the same benefits.

Still looking for 140k RC card. Better than platinum card I must say .

Surface Interval

Level 2 Member
Right you are-my wife was approved 10 minutes ago. 100k points for $250 (net of airline credits) made this an easy call.
Even better if you only plan on keeping one year as the $200 airline credit is per calendar year, one now and the second early January. Even if you keep the card, the $250 effective fee get whittled down bit by bit from the freebies that they toss out via sync offers. The home depot offer alone more than paid my fee last year.

smittytabb

Staff member
For those of you wanting some historical data on this card offer, the first time I recall seeing 100K for the card was in January 2013. Frequentmiler posted about it and the offer was gone in a few hours. The next time was in August 2015 and it was gone the next day, although some could get it by calling in. I tried calling in last year but I was too late and the offer had been pulled. I HUCAed to no avail. I suspect there must be quotas and with the way information is quickly shared, it will be interesting to see how long this one lasts.

Sweet Willie

In reading the replies, this seems to be all about the points.

Does anyone utilize the Plat benefits? Care to share what you like?

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
I applied for a targeted 75k offer last week. Chat rep couldn't help me. Called in and was told a case was opened and I would have an answer in 72 hours as to whether I would be matched to this offer. Rep seemed to indicate it shouldn't be a problem.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

$200 per year in airline incidentals (can be cashed out depending on how you do that) so that is $400
SPG Gold (I think)
Cent Lounge access ($1000 per year value)
Priority Pass ($10 per year value)
Global Entry credit $100 (I think)

Surface Interval

Level 2 Member
$200 per year in airline incidentals (can be cashed out depending on how you do that) so that is $400
SPG Gold (I think)
In addition to those I use:
Delta lounge access
Airspace lounge - mostly pay items, but comes with WIFI and a $7 credit for food/drinks.

I find the Priority Pass to be much more valuable than $10.

Last edited:

knick1959

Level 2 Member
SPG Gold (I think)
I got my Global Entry fee reimbursed with the Plat I got late last year. Also got the $200 + $200 airline fees reimbursed, so I was up $50. I then used part of the credits for airline spend to apply for global entry for my wife. THAT was reimbursed. Basically, I got $600 back over a couple of months.

In short, it's possible to get multiple GE fees reimbursed on one card.

User2016

Level 2 Member
I got my Global Entry fee reimbursed with the Plat I got late last year. Also got the $200 + $200 airline fees reimbursed, so I was up $50. I then used part of the credits for airline spend to apply for global entry for my wife. THAT was reimbursed. Basically, I got $600 back over a couple of months.

In short, it's possible to get multiple GE fees reimbursed on one card.
I agree. I have got multiple GE fees reimbursed on the same card.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
For those of you wanting some historical data on this card offer, the first time I recall seeing 100K for the card was in January 2013. Frequentmiler posted about it and the offer was gone in a few hours. The next time was in August 2015 and it was gone the next day, although some could get it by calling in. I tried calling in last year but I was too late and the offer had been pulled. I HUCAed to no avail. I suspect there must be quotas and with the way information is quickly shared, it will be interesting to see how long this one lasts.
Husband and I both got the 100k personal in April 2015. Don't know how long it was around.

Chris S.

California Coast - Hwy 1

I use the FHR program quite successfully in addition to the other benefits mentioned. Also the $200 airline credit can be scaled WAY BEYOND the 1st year $400 angle. Information is out there

Hilton Gold status
Hertz Gold
Avis Preferred
National Emerald

$3k lost baggage for carry on (i think) - don't understand how you could lose a carry on
$2k for checked (i think)

Chris S.

California Coast - Hwy 1
Signed up after verifying with AMEX that my Biz Plat will not keep me from getting the bonus. I know this has been mentioned before, but I like to have it in writing (a tweet). Had a similar situation with a Gold card a couple years back and the saved tweet made it easy to recover when they balked at the bonus.

Was instantly approved :)
Good information Surface

Better_by_Design

Level 2 Member
and THAT is why I had never had this card before - holding out for 100k offer for several years, and this is the first time I was actually:
a) around and paying attention
b) ....
c) mostly just a)

Crazy deals seem so few and far in between these days that I am not loaded up on ALERTS! for fare deals, etc. which means I miss out, but I guess (luckily??) not this time.

Dante

Thank you for your interest in this offer. At this time this offer is no longer available.
Please click here for our current offerings.

smittytabb

Staff member
and THAT is why I had never had this card before - holding out for 100k offer for several years, and this is the first time I was actually:
a) around and paying attention
b) ....
c) mostly just a)

Crazy deals seem so few and far in between these days that I am not loaded up on ALERTS! for fare deals, etc. which means I miss out, but I guess (luckily??) not this time.
Yeah. Really glad I didn't miss this one. I often miss things when I am traveling. Got lucky.

Cytraveler

Level 2 Member
I applied for myself and my sort-of adult son last night (21 yo, just graduating from college, but he has a job). Both got the "we're reviewing your application" stuff. Still the same this morning, but this afternoon we were both approved.

As a total aside, I've been amazed at the number of credit card offers that have been rolling in for my son (he had gotten 75k offer on the platinum last month). It's like they're lying in wait for the unsuspecting new college grads. No wonder so many people get in trouble on cc debt.