100 ways this hobby has altered your life

italdesign

Level 2 Member
132. you now want to be as far away from your travel destinations as possible.

133. you ask the front desk random obscure questions/requests that they cannot answer, so that they may feel bad and give you some freebie. "There's no walking tour in minus 20 degree weather? Oh, my trip is ruined." *fake tears*

Last edited:

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
I used to think my commute driving to and home from work was way to0 long; but, now I purposely extend my commute and add-in stops (Target, Walmart, Grocery Stores, etc.)! :D

pstravels

Level 2 Member
137. Giving added value to cashiers at MS locations as potential relationships. Deciding to prolong breaking up with one such cashier until finishing manufacturing Delta elite status.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
138.: When Groupon deactivates your account due to suspected fraud and you call to find out what's up and they tell you they won't reactivate it until you can verify by giving them one of your credit card numbers - and you reply: "how much time do you have?"

Burgertm

Level 2 Member
139. The people at Staples (who know you by your first name) think that you run a printing company (or multiple) due to all the paper you buy

140. You can't accrue enough PTO to spend all your points/miles

italdesign

Level 2 Member
You want to see the face of a normal person after seeing how many different CCs (or pages of CCs) are in your Amazon acct (from AP [RIP]).

italdesign

Level 2 Member
At a parade, you shout obscure things like "Park Hyatt Vendome next weekend!!", "Approve my United card!!", and "Thanks for the free points" (while waiving your latest CCs), because the Hyatt, Chase, and AA floats passed by. The normal attendees look confused.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
You have multiple email accounts that are variations on the same one (justme@gmail, just.me@gmail, etc), and none of them sends email to you, exactly.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
You go to the longest checkout line on purpose because your fav cashier is working there. And you curse silently when another cashier steps in just before your turn.

Or you're in a normal line (with multiple registers) and you root for the current customer that takes forever, coz he is increasing the chance that they'll get a backup cashier who has 39% chance of being more receptive than the current one.

John

Level 2 Member
I now enjoy flying only business class or first glass now with all the points I have gathered

damanjeff6

Level 2 Member
All your friends and family now have your phone number memorized just to take advantage of those sweet sweet fuel rewards.

bgh10788

Level 2 Member
if that ISIS did have a card, it would be the one card I will never get no matter how lucrative.

short of that, all is fair game.
Going off of this...
You make sure you're ISIS serve card is hidden when going through TSA so you don't get an extra-special massage.

spamman808

Level 2 Member
77. You (well I do) a bit more time up late at night reading through the various blogs, forums, etc. than you probably should and roll in to work tired the next day.

78. Being new to the hobby, I get really excited about finding out about all the different deals floating around out there, even when I can't take advantage of them. I think part of the fun is the seeking and finding, and not just the redemption!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
77. You (well I do) a bit more time up late at night reading through the various blogs, forums, etc. than you probably should and roll in to work tired the next day.

78. Being new to the hobby, I get really excited about finding out about all the different deals floating around out there, even when I can't take advantage of them. I think part of the fun is the seeking and finding, and not just the redemption!
How come you are on 77/78, did you elect to disregard the other posts as duplicates or unworthy? :)

spamman808

Level 2 Member
How come you are on 77/78, did you elect to disregard the other posts as duplicates or unworthy? :)
Hi all

I didn't mean to! I replied at the bottom of the page, and it was under 76 for me...guess I wasn't paying attention, I thought I was at the end. So much for not making mistakes...sorry if I've offended others. I guess I was bound to put my foot in my mouth sooner, rather than later.

My apologies again!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all

I didn't mean to! I replied at the bottom of the page, and it was under 76 for me...guess I wasn't paying attention, I thought I was at the end. So much for not making mistakes...sorry if I've offended others. I guess I was bound to put my foot in my mouth sooner, rather than later.

My apologies again!
Just messing with you, welcome aboard !

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
146. You log on to the Citi and Chase apps first thing in the morning to make sure you don't have a "0.00" credit line across your cards.
You do it again before bed so you can sleep.