100 ways this hobby has altered your life

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
101. I have even more reasons that I wish that my dearly loved and much missed parents had lived longer! And I wonder more often why we only had two kids....

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
104. I learned that I can pay local personal property taxes with "debit cards" in person without fees (just have to explain to the clerk that my bank limits my trans to $500..so I have to do multiple swipes)

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
103. You are so glad you have a same-sex spouse and your opposite-sex parent has a foreign name.
Indeed! I find myself jealous of not only those with live parents and many children, but those with same sex SOs and relatives with foreign sounding names. We struck out on both counts, but I guess a happy marriage of almost 40 years counts for something ;) .

105. Whereas your financial goals once included closing and streamlining the multiple accounts you had, now you strive to open as many as you can get away with!

Last edited:

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
106. You tell all the CSR's "points for a trip to Hawaii" when asked why you buy all these MO's.

Now all the CSR's are fighting over who gets to be the nanny on the Hawaii trip.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
107. Your first stop when buying online isn't an online vendor, but cashbackmonitor.com.

108. When buying online, you first go through a portal to get the discounted/cash back gift cert, and only then do you go to the vendor you want to use.

thehustla

Level 2 Member
Not me. I avoid FT; too many opportunities to be annoyed by unkind people, there.
I'm over that though. However, I am slowly distancing myself away. Just like to keep an eye out in case something new comes up. You know the deal :)

VDebs

Level 2 Member
115. Your various MS and dealhack schemes have been described as "perverse" by friends and loved ones, as they pervert the normal order of things and make the world a little less logical to them.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
118. Those moments when you try to remember which state/country/continent you are in. You are pretty sure about the planet though.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
119. You have to awkwardly explain to curious cashiers that your AmEx Serve ISIS card is not an affinity / co-branded card that is for that ISIS.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
if that ISIS did have a card, it would be the one card I will never get no matter how lucrative.

short of that, all is fair game.

HTaufReisen

Level 2 Member
126. Worst nightmare? Left my Luha F amenity kit (I-pad style) at a grocery store - of cause filled with a lot of GC's and MO's. When I tried to pick it up, store owner had already called the local police.....
That was fun - just stay calm and explain everything slowly at the barracks LOL

DL172

Level 2 Member
127. Shredding the daily Discover It and Barclay's balance transfers offers to cut down on my cat litter costs. Even my cats know they are shit, so it reinforces on them where to go.

Last edited:

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Speaking of shredder, I'm thinking to upgrade my 6 sheet one to something like a 12 sheet, so those "join the conversation" letters will be SOA: Shredded On Arrival.

Am I crazy to not have one?

KissTheSky

Level 2 Member
126. Worst nightmare? Left my Luha F amenity kit (I-pad style) at a grocery store - of cause filled with a lot of GC's and MO's. When I tried to pick it up, store owner had already called the local police.....
That was fun - just stay calm and explain everything slowly at the barracks LOL
Wow. Did you tell them the truth?

DL172

Level 2 Member
Speaking of shredder, I'm thinking to upgrade my 6 sheet one to something like a 12 sheet, so those "join the conversation" letters will be SOA: Shredded On Arrival.

Am I crazy to not have one?
I get way too much mail. I have some generous friends and family, who have helped me out in this hobby by lending me their info. I take extra precautions. I shred anything with a name and address. Those mini shredders are slow. I find myself shredding twice-a-week, so its worth the investment to cut your time.