100 ways this hobby has altered your life

secret traveler

Level 2 Member
68. Before I never knew the names of anybody at WM and now I know the names of at least 6 people there.
69. More reasons to look forward to the first of the month so that I can start MSing some cards all over again.
70. Can't walk into a grocery store without seeing if they have any VGCs

Last edited:

italdesign

Level 2 Member
62. At times, the word Approved appearing on a small screen can provide you with almost unimaginable pleasure.
71. And if the screen begins with "Thank you for...", your experienced heart rightfully sinks.

72. If you receive an email from a program titled "we've made some enhancements," you know exactly what that means.

73. Or if the message begins with "At <insert program name>, our goal is to provide you with the best service possible..." - see above.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
75. I am more folksy and less businesslike when dealing with cashiers and CSRs.

I used to think that asking "how's your day going?" just wasted my time, the clerk's time, and the time of the people on line behind me. I now see it as an essential part of any transaction and being more friendly makes me feel happier too!

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
76. I have become friends (or virtual friends) with people of various ages and from so many different places, whose jobs, backgrounds and/or political leanings may be quite different from my own.

I love the diversity and that some of my new friends are young enough to be my children!

italdesign

Level 2 Member
77. The first phone # on my phone, ranked by usage, is not my spouse or family, but AA reservation.

78. While most people don't care about their minutes plan, you need unlimited minutes because you're on the phone with airlines and credit card programs every day.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
81. Telephone prompts (press 1 for blah, press 2 for blah) are a complete waste of time for you, because you only call for advanced, esoteric stuff that no menu can possibly accommodate (like the Marriott guy who says "go ahead, I can understand complete sentences". OK, I want to extend the life of a certificate, you understand THAT? Yeah, didn't think so).

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
82. You can solve the Traveling Salesman problem better than a computer.

83. I have the luxury of bringing my sister's family to me, when I can't go to them.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
84. You don't know the name of the town down the road but you know by heart where Denpasar is on the map, the nonstop routes from there, which airlines fly those, which alliance each belongs to, how many miles each program charges to get there, which programs transfer to those programs, and which cards you don't have yet that earn those points that you need in your upcoming AOR.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
85. You feel embarrassed to only be able to book your loved one in angled flat business class (using miles, of course). Until you are reminded that they don't even know such luxury exists and will probably think it's heaven.

Last edited:

italdesign

Level 2 Member
86. While most people save up for years in order to have their once in a lifetime honeymoon on a overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, you can go there any time.

Last edited:

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Kenny, what a creative spouse you have. That's pure genius. However, if I may say so, that's an awful lot of restrictions for one phone call!

KennyBSAT

Staff member
Kenny, what a creative spouse you have. That's pure genius. However, if I may say so, that's an awful lot of restrictions for one phone call!
Yeah, I haven't figured out yet if it has any times or dates that aren't blacked out. You know what they say, it's the thought that counts!

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
61. You once dated a walmart cashier to make it easier to load BB.
There have been a couple over the last year I would have dated, if I weren't married. There was a tall skinny one with a glasses and a nose ring ... but I don't go to that WM anymore since Dolly Dearest decided I was a crook and started filling out paperwork for even a single MO.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
There have been a couple over the last year I would have dated, if I weren't married. There was a tall skinny one with a glasses and a nose ring ... but I don't go to that WM anymore since Dolly Dearest decided I was a crook and started filling out paperwork for even a single MO.
You need to think higher up the chain.

Jack

Keep Calm and Carry On
I have attractive Money Center cashiers in a few of my stores. My current favorite is a Hispanic looking girl who smiled and said "I just loaded the paper! Are you sure you don't want some more?"

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Speaking of hold music, the other day I called Citi (the reason escapes me) and was put on hold. Upon hearing the music, a flood of memory rushed back. Why is it so familiar? Oh yeah, I called them every day for 4 months during the Exec extravaganza ("Hi, I'd like pay off some of my balance with a debit card"). And haven't since. Until now. It was like reunion with a long lost friend.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Are these supposed to be positive or negative experiences-- I need a code;).
89. I'm catching up on filing I haven't done in the last 8 mos or so, right around the time I started to MS. I have a pile of info that accompanied the two dozen or so CCs we've applied for and it weighs 10 lbs and is 20 inches tall.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
91. Not only will your family never run out of slippers, you can ask your visitors to remove their shoes, and always have fresh slippers at the door for them to put on their feet.
"Hi, welcome, great to see you. Let me get you some slippers. Would you like to try the one from Lufthansa First Class Terminal, or maybe you prefer something from the Middle East?"

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
92. I can take short trips without my spouse and she knows that won't mean any less of "our" trips

93. I use the phrase "cash equivalents."

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
99. I apply for, activate, remove old and slide in new cards in hubs wallet without him knowing.

....of course when he see's it I get a text that says, "Again?" or "WTF! Where's my card???"

And also..I got him a RedBird, which was purchasede by someone a few states away, and lost the perm card before I activated it. Now he has to call to get a replacement and I don't want to have to explain that mess to him because he doesn't even know he has/had and lost it. Yet.

Last edited:

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
100 ! Congratulations, all! But why stop when we are ahead?

101. My husband, whenever the topic comes up, says: "She has more miles than God!" And no one ever believes me when I say my AW totals are lower than most of the people who play this game. Trust me, they are!