Studies have shown that so-called “experts” have no more predictive ability in their alleged field of expertise than amateurs. Fortunately, I’m just a guy with a blog, not an expert, so I’m guaranteed to be on target–or your money back! Here are my predictions for 2015, feel free to add yours below.
- Citi will introduce another new credit card, but it will be kind of lame.
- Comenity will introduce a major new mass market consumer product.
- A major co-branded card will defect from Chase.
- Hilton will reanimate the corpse of a Weimar Republic central banker to figure out how to devalue its loyalty program even more swiftly.
- Like Fifth Third last year, PNC will finally have a decent offer worth writing about, even after taking into account its terrible rewards program.
- PNC will continue sending me crappy offers.
- CHASE WILL OFFER A 50,000-POINT SIGN-UP BONUS ON THE SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CARD!!!!! OMG!!!!
- I will keep making fun of Citi for being dumb.
- Amex will sign a relatively minor new co-brand travel partner. Best Western Platinum Amex, anyone?
- Great deals will continue their gradual move to more private forums and secretive groups.
- Some new blogger nobody’s heard of will publicize an amazing deal and swiftly kill it. Nice going, noob.
- 5% credit card reward opportunities will keep drying up, unless a big bank gets desperate and/or stupid.
- You know what? That’s a good one. I predict some big bank will get desperate and/or stupid and will gift us with a sweet 5% opportunity.
- Ingy will keep showing up to argue with George.
What say you, folks?