JetBlue is currently running a promotion for 20% off base fares, which is a nice deal if your travel plans align with the various restrictions. From a family travel standpoint, I’m having trouble getting too excited about it since the promotion starts after Labor Day, but the fall is a nice time to take a long weekend and this sale certainly helps with that. We’re considering a weekend in New York, but if we do, we may need to stay out of restaurants.
Blackout periods include Columbus Day and anything near Thanksgiving – unless you’re willing to head out for two weeks and travel back on Tuesday, December 2. Then you may have a deal. I would act fast on the December 2 flight if you are looking to book that. I do have an upcoming post on Thanksgiving award travel, and to preview it, I will tell you that the return portion is challenging if not impossible at saver rates.
Here is the fine print, straight from JetBlue –
- Promo code: FALL2014
- Offer: 20% off base fare for domestic U.S. travel only
- Roundtrip purchase required
- Book by 8/27/14
- Travel 9/3 – 12/18/14
- Blackout dates:
- 10/13, 11/21 – 12/1/14 for all plus Newark
- 11/1 – 11/8/14 for Newark only
- Valid for travel Mon. – Thurs. and Sat. only (both outbound and return dates must fall within offer period in order for discount to apply)
- Not valid for a Mint seat or a JetBlue Getaways vacation package
The promo must be redeemed online at this link.