The Deal Mommy Manifesto
- It is entirely possible to enjoy your best life as you define it, no matter your means.
- If you want nothing to happen, do nothing.
- You may not be able to afford everything you want, but, with creativity and flexibility, you can afford more than you think.
- 9 times out of 10, experiences are worth more than possessions.
- Little luxuries are a must.
- Saving money is as much of a job as making money and should be respected as such.
- Here’s who I am NOT: Things you will never hear me say Volume 1 and Volume 2.
Wondering if “The Deal Mommy” is a travel blog or a mommy blog?
That’s an easy one: The Deal Mommy is about both family travel and real life. So while not every post is 100% travel focused, they all serve the same goal: to help you get “the best for less”, however you define it.
About The Deal Mommy
Dia Adams, AKA The Deal Mommy, is a real-life Mom of two tweens in the DC Metro area. Between growing up foreign service and working in consulting, I built up a serious love of travel that included visiting over 30 countries and living in Thailand, China, and Ireland (where Deal Kid was born). After Deal Kid and then Deal Girl came along, Deal Dad and I struggled balancing our passion for travel with the realities of, well, real life with two kids. We have been able to show our kids the world while still maintaining our savings and sanity. Over five years The Deal Mommy has become a community of fellow travelers who share tips and tricks and motivate each other to get out there!
A Taste of The Deal Mommy in the News.
Babies Who Travel listed The Deal Mommy as one of the 50 best family travel blogs.
Here’s an article in Family Fun Magazine
Here’s a piece from Nasdaq’s finance section.
Here’s an interesting piece on the idea of “experts” by The Gate.
Questions? Ideas? Rants? Shoot me an email at email@example.com