About The Deal Mommy
Dia Adams, AKA The Deal Mommy, is a real-life Mom of a teen and a tween in the DC Metro area. Between growing up foreign service and working in consulting, she built up a serious love of travel that included visiting over 40 countries and living in Thailand, China, and Ireland (where Deal Kid was born). After Deal Kid and then Deal Girl came along, she struggled balancing her passion for travel with the realities of, well, real life with two kids. She has been able to show her kids the world while still maintaining our savings and sanity. Over six years The Deal Mommy has become a trusted community of fellow travelers who share tips and tricks and motivate each other to get out there!
A Taste of The Deal Mommy and Dia Adams around the Web:
Dia is the author of Amazon #1 best-seller Disney World Hacks.
Dia is the resident travel hacker at Traveling Mom, the nation’s largest family travel network. She also serves as affiliate manager for the network.
Moon Travel Guides named Dia in its first ever group of family travel ambassadors. Deal Mommy features are prominently featured on Moon social media.
Babies Who Travel listed The Deal Mommy as one of the 50 best family travel blogs.
Here’s an article in Family Fun Magazine
Here’s a piece from Nasdaq’s finance section.
Here’a in interview with Rewardstock.
Here’s an interesting piece on the idea of “experts” by The Gate.
The Deal Mommy Manifesto
- It is entirely possible to enjoy your best life as you define it, no matter your means.
- If you want nothing to happen, do nothing.
- You may not be able to afford everything you want, but, with creativity and flexibility, you can afford more than you think.
- 9 times out of 10, experiences are worth more than possessions.
- Little luxuries are a must.
- Saving money is as much of a job as making money and should be respected as such.
- Here’s who I am NOT: Things you will never hear me say Volume 1 and Volume 2.
Wondering if “The Deal Mommy” is a travel blog or a mommy blog?
That’s an easy one: The Deal Mommy is about both family travel and real life. So while not every post is 100% travel focused, they all serve the same goal: to help you get “the best for less”, however you define it.
Questions? Ideas? Rants? Shoot me an email at email@example.com