I gotta admit that I didn’t think I’d look forward to joining AARP, but a quick review of the benefits shows that the $16/year is money well spent. A number of the benefits have been discussed in various points/miles blogs, but I found a few more worth noting. Here are just a few highlights:
- Deal Mommy fave! 25% off at Endless Vacation Rentals (HT: Brandi)
- $5 off $25 at ToysRUs Monday through Thursday
- Discounted rates at Hyatt, Starwood, Hilton, and Wyndham properties. At Hyatt they average 10%.
- Discounts with British Airways
- Discounts with Avis and Budget rental cars
- A free donut with coffee purchase at Dunkin Donuts (HT: Brandi)
- Nationwide discounts with Cirque du Soleil
- Discounts averaging 15% at many restaurants including Outback, Landry’s, Carraba’s and Denny’s.
- 10% off at National Park gift shops
You can browse the entire list here. I found an application link that comes with a free daybag and one here with a limited time Veteran’s Day rate of $13/year. I’ll make back the $16 with one Hyatt night and I KNOW that TRU will come in handy! Any others I’ve missed that you find useful? Please share in the comments.
The Deal Mommy is a proud member of the Saverocity network.