The Weekly Travel News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- Last weekend British Airways became the latest airline to have a colossal IT failure. Seth Miller for Runway Girl Network covers some of the compounding mis-steps that BA made during that outage.
- Southwest and reportedly Alaska are testing out dual door deplaning. It’s a great idea. I wish it were feasible everywhere.
- Two business travellers, one with status, one with out. Ed calls it: The Hunger Games. I think that’s a pretty good approximation.
- A fellow blogger got his Global Entry revoked, and you’ll never guess why. I personally find it appalling.
Miles, Points, Cashback:
- Plastiq continues to present a lot of interesting opportunities.
- If you’re looking for that Companion Pass and missed out on previous opportunities, there are a few Chase Southwest credit cards that have sign-up bonuses of 60,000.
- Gary Leff reports that promo awards are released for Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue Program.
- New Marriott Rewards Credit Card Apple Pay Promotion
- Southwest’s New Seat